Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It is absolutely not possible to feel move a second baby at 8 weeks, is it?

(10 Posts)
kickingking Mon 05-Sep-11 16:20:01

Is it?? Because that is exactly it has felt like today.

It's just a caught nerve or something, isn't it?

For comparism, I felt my first at 16 weeks, even though I had an anterior placenta.

ohbabybaby Mon 05-Sep-11 16:23:55

No, I'm sure you can't, they are teeny teeny tiny. Even my sister who has a lively imagination is very sensitive and saw it repeatedly on numerous scans so knew exactly where it was only felt hers move at about 14 weeks

Maybe your dates are wrong? Or just things stretching in there?

kickingking Mon 05-Sep-11 16:25:32

Definetely no further along than 9 weeks.

I knew it couldn't be! It's a caught nerve or something but it feels just like that 'tap, tap, tap' of the very early kicks.

Oeisha Mon 05-Sep-11 16:39:48

It does seem a bit early, but, I was def. feeling stuff at 12wks and this is DC1, which people kept telling me must just be wind...and I too have an anterior placenta. I know this was DD as she was bashign me at my 12wk scan and I was telling the sonographer where she was bashing me fairly accuratly...
More likely to be everything swelling and bumping off stuff, but hey! Shows you're developing well!

Sandra2011 Mon 05-Sep-11 16:46:03

I don't think you can feel it that early. Maybe you ate something funny?

www.babycentre.co.uk/stages/0108/ says "The baby is now constantly moving and shifting, though you won't be able to feel anything for several weeks."

wobblytoothfairy Mon 05-Sep-11 16:56:51

I know what you mean kickingking, I am 8 weeks with DC3 and I know it's way too early, but I have this intermittent fluttery sensation that feels just like the first movments. Logically I know it can't be but maybe? smile

I felt first movements at about 12 weeks with dc2 too and with an anterior placenta so who knows grin

EggyAllenPoe Mon 05-Sep-11 17:02:03

i thought i did too. i think it was muscular buggerousness though, in response to the changes in the womb.

Wormshuffler Mon 05-Sep-11 17:06:08

I felt movement at 8 weeks, but then at the scan at 12 weeks I could feel it too, and the baby was fast asleep! I put it down to wind/ the rest of my body moving around.

cheekycurls Mon 05-Sep-11 17:06:38

I felt my second pregnancy moving at 9 weeks smile

phlossie Mon 05-Sep-11 17:07:35

It's wind, my dears. The bubbles of a brewing fart in one's lower intestine feels just like those early fluttery movements. I noticed it when I wasn't pregnant. I recently felt my 3rd baby for the first time at 15 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now