Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Did it go away after pregnancy?

(6 Posts)
moomsy Mon 05-Sep-11 14:12:29

Hi

I have developed it from about 36 weeks. Not nice.

It's on both hands but right one is by far worse. I can only sleep using a wrist splint on my right hand.

During the day I have numb fingers, dodgy grip, sore knuckles which can be really annoying sometimes.

Will this really go away once the baby is out? How long should I wait before I demand something more effective done by doctors?

Thank you xx

rattling Mon 05-Sep-11 14:19:31

Mine developed earlier, but otherwise sounds very similar. It got significantly better immediately after the birth, then gradually improved and eventually disappeared (over the course of about 2 months?) I certainly gave up the splint immediately. I had twins and the only problem was when feeding one I sometimes had to grab the other in a very awkward way, there may have been no problem at all if I could have been more careful.

moomsy Mon 05-Sep-11 14:26:07

Hi Rattling

Thank you for advice. Sometimes when I wake up my grip is so bad I get worried if there is any chance I am going to drop the baby eeek!!

;)

edwinbear Mon 05-Sep-11 14:44:45

Hi, I had this with DS and it cleared up completely after birth, I can't remember how long it was until it got completely better but that must mean it wasn't a major problem I guess! When I was pregnant I used to have to get DH to prise open my hands in the morning they were so bad. I've not had any at all so far with this pregnancy (29 weeks) which is a relief.

HereIGo Mon 05-Sep-11 17:46:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nearlymumofone Mon 05-Sep-11 18:34:22

yes. i forgot I had it until I read your post. yes it went away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now