Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36wks and measuring 2wks ahead, will i be early?!

(7 Posts)
sunface Mon 05-Sep-11 11:36:27

just wondering if this could potentially mean an early labour from other ladies experiences?? Or am i just wishful thinking??????? this is my 3rd DC and my 2DC was right on the due date.......

Nanny01 Mon 05-Sep-11 11:49:17

Being bigger doesn't mean anything I have been in that position however baby arrived weighing 7lbs 6 0z so there was a lot of amniotic water there. I am on baby no. 5 first was 2 days early and was low birth weight 2 was 2 days late average weight 3rd slightly bigger than 2 and 12 days late 4th average weight on time. I wouldn't worry I normally plan for baby to arrive between 2weeks early and 2 weeks late. Normally ask dh to stay with in an hour of home as the last was 1 1/2 hours labour.

sunface Mon 05-Sep-11 11:51:59

Thanks Nanny, i did think i was being optimistic! Sooo were you're subsequent labours quicker then?? My 1st was 5hrs and 2nd 3 hrs so i'm (me being optimistic again!!) that this one might be quicker again......

Um, no, sorry. I measured big all the way through, went two weeks over and had to be induced...

Still, there's a lot to say for optimism grin

sunface Mon 05-Sep-11 12:09:47

bleuughh and was that your 3rd too ATruth? Ooo it's all just so unpredictable this birth malarky! smile

scarlettlips Mon 05-Sep-11 12:44:49

I measured 2 wks bigger and then was a week late whist spending 4 days sitting at 4cm dilated.

Enjoy your last few weeks of peace smile

moomsy Mon 05-Sep-11 13:16:07

I have always measured 2cms one time 4cms bigger. I was sent to the hospital for a scan with the obstetrician but all she said was 'average'. It's really annoying but I guess they don't want to make assumptions as big bump not always translates to big baby.

I am very petite and I have been told that helps to make your bump look massive.

I was also hoping I was going to be early - maybe because the longer it goes the bigger the baby gets.

I am now 40 weeks and 1 day and no sign of baby yet - even after a sweep 4 days ago, half bottle of clari sage oil being burnt, loads of sex and daily walking sessions.... bummer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now