Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

25 / 26 Week 'Slump'

(11 Posts)
LikeACandleButNotQuite Mon 05-Sep-11 11:30:45

Anyone else got to this time in their pregnancy and just felt a bit "meh"?

I feel fit as a fiddle, no sickness etc, but just feel almost a bit 'down'. No scans left to look forward to, no time off work till Dec when I start my Mat Leave, just feel like the last couple of weeks have dragged and the next 14+ will just take sooooo long.

Am pretty organised, so have most of what I need, so it just feels like a lot of waiting around.

Any tips on how you filled your time / stuff to distract me from the loooong wait?

HPonEverything Mon 05-Sep-11 12:03:08

I remember this time well and felt exactly the same, 20-34wks is a complete drag in my opinion.

I solved it by going on lots of holidays (had tons of annual leave I wanted to use), mammoth decluttering sessions, visiting friends and family or having them round, reading a lot of baby books and (as is usual for me) sleeping a lot while I could.

You could try crafting something, I've got to be honest I wish I'd started my baby sampler during this time as it might be a bit more complete now!

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 05-Sep-11 12:05:38

Me too although only just 23 weeks. Am pissed off because work have made my life so difficult that my only option is to take maternity leave at 29 weeks which is far sooner than I would have wanted and will cost me 1.5 month's wages. Added to that I'll have 2 months of twiddling my thumbs. DC2 so not even any nursery to paint or shopping to do.

Xiaoxiong Mon 05-Sep-11 14:43:07

I didn't even know there was a slump around this time but I am definitely in it right now. I'm just coming up to 28 weeks and am seriously wondering how I am ever going to make it another 7 weeks until I was planning to start mat leave - but if I go off earlier I feel like you Gwendoline - WTF will I do with myself until the end of Nov when this baby's due!!

On Friday I woke up and felt like death, and hips and pelvis hurt so much I could barely walk to the loo and back to bed. Worked from home that day but didn't get much done.

Over the weekend I slept over 10 hours each night with long lie-ins (totally uncharacteristic of me) but still not much energy for anything.

Then today, I got on the train to work but had to bolt off 3 stops early when I thought I was going to pass out, even sitting down. I didn't want to be one of those "persons taken ill on a train" that all commuters hate so after about 15 min sitting on the platform taking deep breaths I phoned in sick, came all the way home again and slept for 4 hours.

I've had such an easy pregnancy so far - haven't missed any work because of sickness or exhaustion - so these last few days have really rattled me sad

TeacupTempest Mon 05-Sep-11 17:53:57

I am 26 weeks and just feeling really impatient. I feel like there is so much to do but I can't really get on with any of it yet.

It's like a pregnancy limbo....

edwinbear Mon 05-Sep-11 20:47:41

I felt exactly the same with DS, the initial excitement had worn off and it was too long to go to start getting really excited about meeting baby, one long boring drag. Added to that, you start feeling a bit uncomfortable. So this time, we're moving house on Thursday when I'll be 29 weeks to take the edge off the boredom! A bit drastic maybe but it's working!

Lifeissweet Mon 05-Sep-11 21:11:00

I began to feel like this with DS1, but then he was born at 28 weeks, so I think I will be celebrating every slooow, loooong week I manage longer than that this time.

Sympathies, though. It is a drag. I am only 18 weeks and I'm already feeling like I'm ready now!

Mum2be79 Mon 05-Sep-11 21:49:44

God! I thought it was just me! I'm 23 weeks, back at work and counting down the days until December 2nd!!!

stripeybump Mon 05-Sep-11 21:53:49

I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and positively glowing ! smile

I was so sick for the first 18 weeks or so that I'm really appreciating feeling all healthy now. I'm trying to walk lots to keep my fitness up, and we're doing lots of nesting activities, just general house jobs that we haven't got round to and buying bits and bobs for the spare room nursery.

I really thought I would never enjoy being pregnant after being so sick, so am revelling in it now!

LikeACandleButNotQuite Mon 05-Sep-11 21:59:00

Oh my word, I am so pleased (sorry!) that I'm not the only one feeling like this. Seriously, I was concerned that I might even have been getting pre-baby blues, but knowing I'm not alone is brilliant.

HPonEverything I did try learning to knit, but got very stressed! Am gonna try cross-stitch (much to my friends hilarity)

GwendolineMaryLacey how on earth have they insisted you start ML that early, seems very unfair on you, taking the choice away from you. Im gonna try and hang on to 38 wks, hope my work doesn't try and send me off early.

edwinbear great that you have the house move to focus on. I may make a snagging list for the house and try and tackle most of it over the next 3 months...something to keep me busy.

Oh, and I am keeping myself busy with a 'Shifts at Work' Countdown! Got 60 to go smile

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 05-Sep-11 23:05:38

They haven't insisted but they're backtracking on my flexible working agreement which allows me to deliver dd to childcare. If I can't get her there then I can't get into work. My only option if they continue with this is to leave at the earliest opportunity. I don't think they actually realise that yet. They'll be up shit creek. serves them right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now