Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

URGENT support/advice needed - fetal heart rate

(10 Posts)
dribbleface Mon 05-Sep-11 09:04:49

Hi,

Just back from GP 36 week check - usually done by midwife but new policy means they like you to see GP at least once or twice.

Anyhow comes to checking heart rate and i could see from his face he was unhappy, tells me its a bit low, asks about movement, which has been a little less but nothing that alarmed me. Tells me he wants me to go up to DAU to be scanned/checked. He is a bit old school but very very good in my opinion. I was told to go and wait in waiting room whilst he called the unit and made necessary arrangements.

Called me back 5 minutes later and says that they tell him things have changed over time and heart rate not too much of a concern, to go home and count movements and go in if not 10 in 12 hours. He said give it till lunch time and if baby quiet go in.

WTF....i'm sitting here very upset/worried. Shall i insist i get checked at DAU, for your info heart rate recorded at less than 120.

Help? Typically my parents are on there way to cornwall and my DH is as good as useless in these situations!

scarlettlips Mon 05-Sep-11 09:17:10

Hi dribbleface If you're worried called your hospital and explain what happen. Ask in you can go in in an hour or so, remember stress won't help your wee chap xxx

I now this isn't really helpful but I didn't didn't want you to be alone! Call DH i'm sure he'll be much better than you think smile

Call your mummy it will make you feel better!!

Lougle Mon 05-Sep-11 09:17:23

To be honest, I would be saying 'I'd like a trace please'. Your GP raised concern, the DAU are not concerned.

If your GP is wrong, you have wasted a morning.

If DAU are wrong, you have wasted an opportunity to intervene for your baby.

dribbleface Mon 05-Sep-11 09:21:43

Thanks, think i'm gonna ring in and say exactly that Lougle.

Sacrlettlips - spoke to DH who said maybe baby's asleep, stop worrying. He generally isn't good in this type of situation (lovely but head in sand type of guy). If i call my mum (which is what i want to do!) she will come home. We lost our nan (her mum) 2 weeks ago and she needs a break. why is it even at 34 i still need my mummy!

scarlettlips Mon 05-Sep-11 09:28:15

Always best to get these things checked out..nothing wrong with doing that esp at this stage.

I'm so sorry about your nan...really tough time for your mama but soon baby dribbleface will be here. When the time comes DH will step up..

Keep us posted xxxx

dribbleface Mon 05-Sep-11 09:48:21

Well baby kicking around alot now, so not sure what to do. Why arn't things easy!

NoMoreWasabi Mon 05-Sep-11 09:50:49

I really wouldn't take any chances and would go to the DAU. Better to be on the safe side.

dribbleface Mon 05-Sep-11 10:15:43

Just off phone to lovely midwife, gonna go in (she said most likely no need but they are happy to reassure me).

Will let you know!

Scheherezade Mon 05-Sep-11 11:45:29

good luck dribble, thinking of you & bump

dribbleface Mon 05-Sep-11 12:42:45

just back. all fine. midwife lovely but she was a bit cross with GP for worrying me. thanks for all the support ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now