Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I in labour? (I know you guys love this!)

(23 Posts)
SoBroken Mon 05-Sep-11 08:20:28

Although this is DS2, I was induced last time and have no idea what it's like to go onto labour naturally. Does this sound like it might be something like it?

Last night, I couldn't sleep, despite being really tired. Just felt I was full of adrenalin. Even when I did drift off, the slightest thing woke me. Woke up in the early hours with an absolutely searing contraction.

But it was the only one, or at least I was able to get back to sleep after a while, so it can't be that bad.

This morning, I have a very tight belly and lots of period pains, though nothing that serious and I can walk about as normal etc. And they aren't coming and going in defined waves.

When I went to the loo, I lost loads of green slime (TMI!), though no show or anything pink-tinged.

Anyone had this? I am 40+4 btw, quite surprised that anything at all has happened.

pinkytheshrinky Mon 05-Sep-11 08:22:30

I would say it sounds as if something is happening - slime is always a good sign!

Best of luck sweetheart

SoBroken Mon 05-Sep-11 08:29:09

Oooh really!! Thank you, I can't tell you how thrilled I am. Beyond sick of being pregnant and thought I was going to go to the bitter end.

scarlettlips Mon 05-Sep-11 09:20:37

Ohhhhh your baby is coming....SoBroken

Take it easy...try not to clean!! Where is DS1 today??

Purplebuns Mon 05-Sep-11 09:31:43

The slime sounds like your plug tbh or part of it! It could still take awhile though, do some exercise see if you can get things going smile

SoBroken Mon 05-Sep-11 09:36:58

Exercise eh? Not something I'm all that familiar with ... any suggestions? A walk maybe?

DS1 is here with me, but my mum works 10 mins away and is able to come at a moment's notice to look after him. DH works about 30mins away so hopefully should work out if it's all systems go today.

No real changes yet, still losing bits of lovely slime and getting some pretty strong BH.

Now I'm excited!

RealityVonCrapp Mon 05-Sep-11 09:38:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tiddleypompom Mon 05-Sep-11 09:42:19

Good luck sobroken! The others on Sept-bus thread going over EDD will cheer you on grin

Make a cake? Works as distraction AND you have something to eat when it's all over (or just a load of yummy cake mix)... You're keeping upright then at least, if a walk is out of the question.

Look after yourself!

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Mon 05-Sep-11 09:42:38

hmmm slime

SoBroken Mon 05-Sep-11 09:57:37

I have booked a Tesco delivery for later, should have known when I was doing it that it would bring baby on. Better clean my cupboards a bit, if my mum is going to be putting shopping away for me I don't want her to be horrified at crumbs!

Purplebuns Mon 05-Sep-11 10:10:35

Yes walking is ideal, and <ahem> if DH/DP turns up then making use of him is good as semen has prostaglandins that help soften your cervix. Have you got fresh pineapple in your shop? Another source of prostawatsits.
How exciting! I am 13+3 and getting misty eyed at the thought of labour, I can't wait!

Fatshionista Mon 05-Sep-11 10:14:45

Sounds like it to me. In labour with DD2 I didn't have regular contractions and until I was 10cm and she was literally coming out I could still walk.

ragged Mon 05-Sep-11 10:17:27

Things warming up, get as much rest as you can and try not to think about it all, because you could get days of this on/off stuff (sorry).

PeterSpanswick Mon 05-Sep-11 10:22:41

It's MY due date!

How very dare you be in labour just because I'm not?!

<flounces off to weep>grin

Sounds like the start of things! Best of luck!

SoBroken Mon 05-Sep-11 11:52:53

Oh dear, looks like it's slowed to a stop. Nothing for about half an hour now. Seriously fed up.

moomsy Mon 05-Sep-11 14:07:56

It was my due date yesterday!

I have had a lot of clear slime coming out this morning but to be fair the only tightening I feel is of baby streching about inside me sad

Good luck! Try and relax to conserve your energy xx

mumblejumble Mon 05-Sep-11 14:45:34

Ooh I love a good labour thread. I can't wait to start mine.
Come on babies!
grin

Purplebuns Wed 07-Sep-11 09:18:11

Well have you had a baby yet? smile

scarlettlips Wed 07-Sep-11 19:07:18

Do we have a baby??????

pinkytheshrinky Wed 07-Sep-11 19:09:27

well??? at least your cupboards are done

hope all is well x

SoBroken Wed 07-Sep-11 19:12:43

No, still waiting. All my symptoms went away an have not come back. angry

Got an appointment at the doc tomorrow to get my induction sorted.

pinkytheshrinky Wed 07-Sep-11 19:16:12

Oh poor you, I suppose a shag is out of the question????

(always works for me)

grin

SoBroken Wed 07-Sep-11 19:24:39

Tried it. Didn't work. Whatever chemical it is that kicks labour off, I don't have it. sob

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now