Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly buttons

(24 Posts)
sazzermol Sun 04-Sep-11 16:22:22

Does everyone's pop out when pregnant? mine has def got shallower but i'm dreading having an outie! How do you hide it under tight tops etc?!

Nagoo Sun 04-Sep-11 16:23:57

mine did both times.

Tight pants? That was the least of my worries TBH

jammyscone Sun 04-Sep-11 16:24:29

I'm at 37+4 and mine is still an innie. I'd be very surprised if it popped now.

Sandra2011 Sun 04-Sep-11 16:24:42

Mine never did.

Baby popped out at 37 wks so maybe that would have happened later then....

TooImmature2BDumbledore Sun 04-Sep-11 16:29:06

Think it depends on how baby is lying. When DD's back was forwards then my belly button poked out, and when she swivelled a bit it went back in.

sjuperwolef Sun 04-Sep-11 16:30:42

i was slim before i fell pg with dd and didnt pop, carried more weight with this pg and still havent popped -32 wks today - both times it has got shallower tho.

i think some ppl just dont pop grin

PeterSpanswick Sun 04-Sep-11 16:46:49

Mine didn't pop last time, this pregnancy it was almost immediate and is like a little erection under my clothes!

I did try putting a plaster over it once to try and hide it much to DH's hilarity but that didn't work. [unhelpful emoticon]

MsChanandlerBong Sun 04-Sep-11 19:04:37

Mine has popped out - think it was at about 30 weeks. And it turns out I have a great big mole in there that isn't visible normally. Gross - I hate it!

The only time it shows is when I wear dresses (my trousers/jeans all have over the bump elastic things that seem to squash it flat). But to be honest, I am so damned uncomfortable it doesn't usually bother me too much!!

MsChanandlerBong Sun 04-Sep-11 19:06:41

I should probably also point out that the brown line thing that appears down your stomach is wonky on my tummy too - I am convinced this is to do with my tummy button popping out (like it has unravelled itself and twisted out). The whole thing makes me very dissatisfied with my naked tummy at the moment - however I don't have any stretchmarks so I am MASSIVELY grateful for that smile

MissRee Sun 04-Sep-11 19:07:43

I can't wait for mine to pop grin

theduchesse Sun 04-Sep-11 19:57:11

I'm 37+6 and mine hasn't popped out - it is completely flat now though!

Gill79 Sun 04-Sep-11 20:09:06

Oh dear - mine has been out for weeks and weeks and never occurred to me to hide it! blush Probably since about 25 weeks....

Nagoo Sun 04-Sep-11 20:18:05

It is safer not to concern yourself with the southern hemisphere. There is a reason that you can't see it without trying.

I was shocked by my own pubes after I had DD. I had a massive 'fro grin

curleywurley2 Sun 04-Sep-11 21:23:50

yep im 28 weeks into my second pregnancy and 1st time it popped out but this time around its even worse,looks like ive got a midget gem stuck in my belly button lol!!!
but it aint all bad havnt got any stretch marks (so far eeeek dont want to jinks myself lol)!!!!

sazzermol Sun 04-Sep-11 21:29:01

Hahahaha these replies have made me really chuckle. The glamour eh?!

Iggly Sun 04-Sep-11 21:29:18

Pmsl Nagoo I remember that same surprise!

My belly button popped out with DS and had done it again (27 weeks now) and it popped quite early on.

curleywurley2 Sun 04-Sep-11 21:33:24

change that, its more like a wine gum than a midget gem lol xxxx

HPonEverything Sun 04-Sep-11 21:42:21

I'm 36wks and mine has just got so it sticks out a bit when I'm stood up, but when lying down it's still an innie.

I'm not handling the outie at all well to be honest [shiver] so I'm glad it's just part-time

nannyl Sun 04-Sep-11 21:54:59

im 39 weeks and although it is shallower it has not popped out, and still goes in about half my little finger nail deep

SwottyKnickers Sun 04-Sep-11 22:08:45

I'm 28wks and only half of it has popped out. The other part seems to be refusing to pop. confused

RockChick1984 Sun 04-Sep-11 23:20:01

Mine went almost completely flat, but never popped out (although it was a cloae call!) but my belly button has always looked deep rather than shallow pre pregnancy if that makes any sense!

Offspring Mon 05-Sep-11 04:12:23

Mine didn't pop last time but did this time at about 25ish weeks. 34 weeks this week and it going back in (hopefully!) is one of the things I'm looking forward to after giving birth!

iWILLdothis Mon 05-Sep-11 15:19:16

Mine didn't pop last time. So far at 33wks this time, I haven't yet popped, fingers crossed that I won't as I don't like the idea. <shudder>

100years Mon 05-Sep-11 16:40:30

40+4 and I thought mine was going to pop out a few weeks ago, it hasn't, it is fairly flat though. TMI when I have a poo I do notice it raises a little, but it's not popped out. I did have the world's deepest belly button pre pregnancy and was worried it would stick out as far as it used to stick in, thankfully that hasn't happened!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now