Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due date is tomorrow..

(5 Posts)
PeterSpanswick Sun 04-Sep-11 11:31:08

Had early concerns about cervix due to previous cell treatment which have proved entirely unfounded and have also had an amnio, both of which I was advised sometimes resulted in an earlier labour.

Scan dated me far earlier along than I was convinced my dates were. (I obviously know far better than the professionals.) grin

Measuring large for dates.

Early signs, show, intense bh in the middle of the night, waves of back and hip pain, runny nose, runny something else e.t.c. all of which have this week stopped completely.

Have been eating pineapple, doing D.I.Y. reflexology (accuracy questionable) and pestering DH all weekend.

This is my second and I was so, so sure he would be early.

This morning I figured out why he isn't ready to make an appearance yet. I broke the zip of my labour bag a few weeks ago and still haven't got round to fixing it. Therefore, as soon as I do, my waters will immediately, spontaneously break and things will start happening!

I'm going to go overdue aren't I? grin

MrsRhettButler Sun 04-Sep-11 11:41:02

I was due yesterday and up until this week I had all the symptoms you have had other than a show. My BH's were so painful I thought that I would go early also sad no such luck.....

I'm trying clary sage now but that's not helping either, I just really DON'T want to be induced as I was induced by drip with dd and really wanted it more natural this time around arrggh!

I feel your pain

MrsRhettButler Sun 04-Sep-11 11:42:35

Oh and I still have to put my maternity pads in my bag.......

<rushes upstairs to do that>

Ok, my waters can break now! grin

PeterSpanswick Sun 04-Sep-11 12:00:26

It'll be the pads! Definitely! grin

I've spent the last few weeks on tenterhooks shouting at intervals "Right, this is it, this is definitely it this time!"

Reckon they're just teasing us.

MrsRhettButler Sun 04-Sep-11 12:41:20

I've decided that the problem is I'm clearly making it too comfortable for her. It's time to get tough!

I'm sending in the bailiffs, it's eviction time! (not really sure how btw) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now