Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I in labour? Vote now.

(29 Posts)
RealityVonCrapp Sun 04-Sep-11 07:55:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnnaThePenguin Sun 04-Sep-11 08:03:41

<<pulls up chair>>

<<gets snacks and drinks>>

Oh I do love a good is she isn't she labour thread

grin

Oh and to answer your question - I have no idea wink

liger Sun 04-Sep-11 08:04:26

I'd say yes, yes, yes

mandoo Sun 04-Sep-11 08:07:09

Oh sounds like it. Phone the labour ward and tell them you think your waters have broken. They can have a good look and tell you a yes or no.

liger Sun 04-Sep-11 08:08:01

It's the anstiness, I had the same but only realised in retrospect. And that sounds like waters going.

Good luck!

andthisisme Sun 04-Sep-11 08:08:05

Oh exciting!

<<passes round brew>>

<<starts warming grill for bacon sarnies>>

I vote yes...maybe grin

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Sun 04-Sep-11 08:08:07

I don't know but I know I'm not, although I am being a mardy bitch (is that a sign?) grin

lockets Sun 04-Sep-11 08:09:00

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Sun 04-Sep-11 08:09:09

Hey just thought if you are, aren't you too early for your home birth?

Nagoo Sun 04-Sep-11 08:10:48

I say no.

Just baby shifting about.

If you start 'counting' this then you'll be in labour for weeks.

In my book if you can speak it's not labour. that's why mine fall out before I can get my knickers off

LawrieMarlow Sun 04-Sep-11 08:12:27

I don't think so.

RealityVonCrapp Sun 04-Sep-11 08:12:33

Lollyheart Sun 04-Sep-11 08:14:00

Oh how exciting.

This happened to me last week, woke up wet in the night a wasnt sure if my waters had gone.

I'm still pregnant 38 weeks today, it's my birthday and my ds2 birthday aswell today, I have a funny feeling It will be a triple celebration smile

RealityVonCrapp Sun 04-Sep-11 08:15:54

lockets Sun 04-Sep-11 08:16:03

RealityVonCrapp Sun 04-Sep-11 08:17:42

lockets Sun 04-Sep-11 08:20:03

Lollyheart Sun 04-Sep-11 08:20:17

I might be wrong but thought it's best not to have a bath if your waters have gone? I could just be imaging it tho.

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Sun 04-Sep-11 08:21:37

I agree give them a call.

I'm 39+3, hence my queue jumping comment on the other thread grin

Enjoy your bath, that's where my waters went with dd, very convenient wink

nannyl Sun 04-Sep-11 08:22:21

im 39 weeks and booked for a home birth and my midwives are adamant that if i think my waters have gone, but i dont seem to be in labour i have to go to the midwife unit (not hospital) for them to check sad (a good hour return journey)

no signs for me yet though....

Good luck to both lollyheart and reality smile

RealityVonCrapp Sun 04-Sep-11 08:27:53

lockets Sun 04-Sep-11 08:52:28

Ilovekittyelise Sun 04-Sep-11 09:16:28

hmmmmm. unless that was your actual waters going, i would have to say no and that your body is just preparing itself.

i have had every single sign that i am going to go into labour on and off for two weeks, except the eventual emergence of a baby. so to catalogue these:

started off with menstrual like cramps in evenings. these became stronger and over past 4/5 days been pretty continuous often accompanied by hardening (BH) of bump. the pain has also been radiating into my groin quite sharply. due to not going into labour and im fairly sure this has been a result of the position of the baby trapping a nerve (as if not being able to feel my hands due to carpal tunnel wasnt enough).

hormones have also ramped up big style over past week or so have been insanely stroppy, weepy, embarassing. cleaning, tidying, nesting like crazy.

am 39 weeks. afraid that from my experience labour is not just something that happens with those first twinges and insane moods, its a process that begins very graduallly over some several weeks, days if you are very very lucky.

best thing you can do, seriously, is unless those waters are broken and you have had a show, is to carry on as normal, be pleased your body is clearly preparing for the big event and that you are in tune with it and aware of the changes, but that it is most likely that this is something that will continue for a week or two or perhaps more, before anything happens.

sorry if this sounds blunt i know we all want to go into labour asap and get babies out but symptom spotting just sets you up for disappointment most of the time.

Cheaptrick Sun 04-Sep-11 09:31:54

I'm going for a no as well - atm

Purplebuns Sun 04-Sep-11 11:01:38

I vote no, and you are just ramping up, I hedge my bets by saying it is very possible that it will be go time in the next couple of days...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now