Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Surely its to early for this sort of back ache?

(9 Posts)
JambalayaCodfishPie Sat 03-Sep-11 19:43:59

Title says it all really! smile

Am 5+5wks and my back REALLY hurts. Its not any sort of stabby pain, it just really really aches.

Im on my feet for most of my working day and its really starting to take its toll. The biggest concern is that if it hurts this much now, how bad will it get?

This isnt my first pg, I had my DD 7 years ago, but I know I didnt feel like this then, I was waitressing and id certainly remember if I could barely stand! sad

Any advice, or anyone suffering too?

diddygirl Sat 03-Sep-11 19:51:50

I'm in the same boat, so interested to see what others think/recommend.

I'm 25 weeks and it's more painful than achy and like you I'm wondering how things will be for the rest of the pregnancy. I didn't have this either with DD.

I really struggle to get comfy on the sofa and am much better standing up. I dug out my hot water bottle today - is it wise to use this do you think?

Hope someone has some wonderful advice!!!

JambalayaCodfishPie Sat 03-Sep-11 21:03:14

Bump, anyone? sad

create Sat 03-Sep-11 21:19:58

I suffered with a nagging backache right though my pregnacies (sorry!) The good news is it didn't really get any worse towards the end, just kept nagging along.

I spent most evenings laid on the floor with my head on a pillow so I could see the telly.

mumt1 Sat 03-Sep-11 21:30:42

I had bad back ache with my last pregnancy and now 7 weeks and bad again. Its just one of those things that carried on throughout my pregnancy. I also had the majorioty of the labour pains in my back than my belly.

banana87 Sat 03-Sep-11 21:42:17

I had a really low backache very early on in one of my pregnancies. The dr said this was normal as ligaments were loosening.

Pekka Sat 03-Sep-11 22:05:34

I'm 12 weeks now, and have been suffering from lower back pain for 2 weeks. I have been on sick leave for 2 weeks, I am dreading going back to work. I work in an office, so I get to sit down a lot, but the pain seems to come and go regardless of how much I move.
I have googled the symptoms and learned that some women have found support belts very helpful. I am thinking of getting one of those (after I disclose my pregnancy at work).

JambalayaCodfishPie Sat 03-Sep-11 22:51:45

CREATE, that's the only time I feel comfortable, when I'm flat on the floor. Even flat on the bed doesn't work! sad

silverangel Sun 04-Sep-11 07:29:43

Go and see an osteopath - it was the only thing that kept me relatively mobile during pg and sooner rather than later so hopefully they can sort you out before it gets too much worse. I had a support belt too but tbh, the osteo was way better and I stopped needing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now