Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 5+2

(16 Posts)
Onlymydogunderstandsme Sat 03-Sep-11 11:38:54

im looking for advice about what to do! When I have been to the loo this morning when I have wiped I have had some pink/brown it seems to mainly be clots (sorry if tmi). What do I do? I'm away for the weekend but do I ring my doctors or is there no point? I don't have any cramping at the moment. I'm so worried!

Onlymydogunderstandsme Sat 03-Sep-11 13:12:31

I have now spoken to NHS Direct. Apparently completely normal for this stage and unless you are filling a sanitary towel an hour, passing large clots(she said palm size!), or have cramps that don't ease off by walking around then it's ok. Have to go to gp m

Onlymydogunderstandsme Sat 03-Sep-11 13:13:47

....gp on Monday and try will probably refer for a scan. Just thought I would post in case anyone experiencing the same! Fingers crossed!!!

PotatoesOfTheCarribean Sat 03-Sep-11 13:24:23

5 +2 with no cramping could be an implantation bleed. Try not to worry.. def check with your GP on Monday. Are you sure about your dates?

Onlymydogunderstandsme Sat 03-Sep-11 17:40:47

Yep my dates are definately right. The nurse said that around this time it is really quite normal and that it is probably the placenta growing/taking over? I really hope it's that! Will definately be calling gp first thing Monday!

PotatoesOfTheCarribean Sat 03-Sep-11 17:55:41

Do you have any cramps at all or is it just the spotting?

How do you feel otherwise?

If nothing else then its most likely ok. Bloody nerve racking though, isn't it?

MrsHuxtable Sat 03-Sep-11 18:09:52

Sound like implantation bleeding to me. The placenta only starts taking over between 10 and 12 weeks. At 5 weeks, it would still be the yolk sack, no placenta yet..
But as long as the bleeding doesn't get heavier and you are not in pain, I wouldn't worry (ha, easier said than done).
Just try to relax for the weekend and see your GP on Monday for some blood tests. Be good to yourself...

Onlymydogunderstandsme Sat 03-Sep-11 19:00:13

No haven't got any cramps, just a bit of pinky/brown spotting and bit more when I got to the loo and wipe. I did pass a few clots earlier but the nurse I spoke to said that was ok! I am sitting with my feet up and not planning to move unless it's to get in a bubble bath or go to bed!!! It's so scary, poor DP didn't know what to do when he found me sobbing on the loo earlier!! I was convinced I was miscarrying but felt reasured after calling the NHS helpline! Have to wait and see what happens but trying to stay positive!

Thanks for your responses! I really hope its implantation and it's because the little bean is burrowing in to stay for the long haul!! Fingers crossed!

PotatoesOfTheCarribean Sat 03-Sep-11 20:44:51

Good luck xxx

Onlymydogunderstandsme Tue 06-Sep-11 11:33:31

Just thought I would update. Went to GP yesterday who rang straight through to EPU and I have a scan booked for Friday morning. They wouldn't do one before that as unlikely to see a heartbeat and would have had to get me back again anyway. I will be 6+1 then so fingers crossed they will be able to seeing a nice strong heartbeat!

I am so worried though, the doctor has said it's not uncommon and it wasn't as heavy as a period so that's a good sign, as mainly when I went to the loo, yesterday and today there has just been a bit of brown discharge! I just feel like i'm in limbo but I am really trying to stay positive! I still feel queasey and very hungry over the last two days and tired!

WishingIWasLucky Tue 06-Sep-11 11:37:39

Good luck Hunni FX for a nice strong heartbeat. x

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 06-Sep-11 11:45:55

Good luck for the scan. Have they taken bloods yet? It's good that you've still got symptoms.. its awful being in that limbo feeling though.

Onlymydogunderstandsme Tue 06-Sep-11 12:08:47

No they haven't taken any bloods. The GP said the best way to know for sure is the scan. I kind of got the impressions that she felt it was ok and the scan was to check but maybe that is just wishful thinking as she would have no way of knowing apart from saying she had bleeding in her pregnancy and verything was ok! I felt really reassured when I spoke to the nurse at the weekend but as the days go on I seem to be more and more worried. I did look on here at older threads and there do seem to be quite a few people that have had bleeding and it's all gone on to be normal. I just hope I'm one of those!

womanlytales Tue 06-Sep-11 13:59:40

2 weeks post ovulation I had a similar experience as you - found brown stuff as I wiped - then 3 days later saw a bfp but the spotting was off and on... I too stayed put and found that if I did too much - then it would recur. As you mention earlier, there's a difference between spotting and bleeding - - based on volume. Next there's the color - - brown seems good, red not so good. and lastly having cramps with it...
I too had a scan at 6+2 and we saw a heartbeat and all other measurements were normal. I know the days will seem like they go on forever and its easier to say do not worry when it's hard to think of anything else...
I am now at 7 weeks - it's not even been a week since my scan and I continue to feel anxious, hence have slowed down most things. My mom says that I need to keep busy and occupied - - because it's still another 2 months or so to be out of the first trimester. It is not easy but what other choice is there.. I am thankful I can share this stuff here on mumsnet so at least it's just not making its rounds inside my head.

IssyStark Tue 06-Sep-11 14:18:54

I bled off and on throughout the first trimester with the garklet who is currently playing upstairs before starting school next Monday. It was my third preg after two missed miscarriages and oddly the only one I had spotting with. It still freaked me out however!

Hopefully everything should be okay. Half of all threatened miscarriages, i.e. any pregnancy with bleeding, go on to term with healthy babies so your chances of everything being okay are high. Good luck for Friday smile

JarethTheGoblinKing Sat 10-Sep-11 14:09:36

How did the scan go? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now