Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness?

(3 Posts)
justhayley Sat 03-Sep-11 09:18:05

hiya I'm roughly 7 weeks pregnant (doctor was unable to date pregnancy due to my lack of periods) anyway this week iv been wretching but not physically getting sick, first time it happened was in sainsburys as I walked past the meat and fish counters and this morning it happened again, is this the start of morning sickness even though I havnt actually been sick?

Xx

Squiglettsmummy2bx Sat 03-Sep-11 10:00:08

Hi Hayley,
My sickness was mainly like that from weeks 6 until 12 & sometimes now (I'm 16 weeks 4 days now). I did throw up sometimes but for me it was more the feeling that I was going to be & the retching. It's a horrible feeling though & I hope it passes soon for you. I did try every cure but nothing helped much, eating little & often (every 5 mins!) helped a bit.
Good luck & congratulations on your pregnancy xxx

Wrigglebum Sat 03-Sep-11 10:19:12

I had horrific sickness last time but was never actually sick. Just lots of terrible queasiness, couldn't go in a supermarket without wretching and had that horrible rush of saliva in my mouth at regular intervals. Often felt so awful I'd just curl up in a ball and sob. It was exactly the same as I get when I get badly seasick.

Even when I'm ill I don't vomit, so it's not surprising and I think I may have felt better if I actually could have been sick. I had sickness from 4 1/2 to 10 weeks, worst at around 8/9 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now