Talk

Advanced search

short of breath and light-headed.....anyone else?

(8 Posts)
lchodge Fri 02-Sep-11 21:38:09

I have 4 weeks left to go. For the last few days I haven't been able to stay on my feet for any longer than 10/15 mins at a time without feeling suddenly light-headed and having to sit down. It can take me up to half an hour to feel "normal" again. Not been out the house in days because of this. Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Never had this with my first pregnancy. Also been feeling out of breath even just from having a 5 minute conversation! Really hope this doesn't last sad

banana87 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:40:27

Yep, I've got it at 28 weeks. Breathless for no reason and lightheaded. And I found out yesterday I'm anaemic so perhaps this is why you are as well? Have you had a blood test recently? Are you taking iron?

edwinbear Fri 02-Sep-11 21:45:38

I had a couple of days of bad dizziness when I even felt dizzy sitting down. The midwife said it could have been a shift in my blood pressure. It lasted 2 or 3 days then seemed to clear up, it was horrible while it lasted though.

lchodge Fri 02-Sep-11 21:52:45

Well my midwife has been constantly checking my blood for iron because I'm very pale but the tests always come back ok! I've also got lower than normal blood pressure but this has always been the case with me, pregnant or not. I've felt like this earlier in my pregnancy I'm just more worried this time because its had me bedbound nearly a week. So fed up I'm really ready to have this baby now!

banana87 Fri 02-Sep-11 22:49:05

Do you know what the level was? Just because I've learned from my other thread that there seems to be a variation on what different trusts class as "normal".

icravecheese Sat 03-Sep-11 08:25:22

Hiya
I'm 34wks preg with my 3rd & I get this alot - my blood pressure reading is always around 90/60 which I'm told is fairly low. I also have 2 very active kids to chase around after all day, which doesnt help! I had a growth scan the other day & went all dizzy & felt sick & faint during that - they laid me too flat on my back & that set it off, so even lying down doesnt always help me!
I frequently get out of breath just doing the supermarket shop and have to find somewhere to sit down in the aisles....cue my kids & other shoppers looking at me strangely! Think its just one of those pregnancy things unfortunately, just try to rest as much as poss (easier said than done!). I have a c-section booked for 5wks time & am now counting the weeks / days! Good luck - not long now! x

icravecheese Sat 03-Sep-11 08:26:41

ps I'm defo not anaemic either - although midwives have told me I look pale (thanks!). I now take Spatone liquid iron supplement every day to see if it helps...

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Sat 03-Sep-11 08:30:18

If it's not iron, pre-eclampsia or other medical issue it could be stress/anxiety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now