Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Virtual cuddles needed

(7 Posts)
justhayley Fri 02-Sep-11 21:29:50

hiya feeling abit low tonight, it's my first pregnancy and I don't feel like I have a clue what I'm doing, there seems to be so many things I shouldn't be doing eating etc and the more I read the more confused I get and the confusion leads to tears sad
I want to do the best for my little lump of cells and don't want to do anything that could harm it, but I'm feeling totally overwhelmed tonight.
I'm the kind of person who likes to have a lot of knowledge about what ever I'm doing and I'm totally clueless.
Iv ordered a bunch of books so hopefully I'll feel better when they arrive & I get reading.

Iv got so much going on at the mo apart from being pregnant I'm moving house on Thursday & havnt packed a single box - everytime I get home I fall asleep, also next Sunday my partner is leaving for sandhurst to train as an officer in the Army and I'm not going to be able to see or speak to him for 5 weeks!

I need lots of sympathy tonight please ladies, am feeling totally sorry for myself.

Hayley x

mistressploppy Fri 02-Sep-11 21:36:25

You poor thing!

Firstly, please don't worry too much about the eating dos and don'ts - even if you eat a load of unpasteurised cheese, pate, sushi and liver you're very unlikely to harm the baby.

Packing - it's too late to do anything tonight and you are a sleepy pregnant lady; give yourself a break and do some sorting tomorrow

Now go and make a cup of tea and watch some crap on the telly smile

Haribojoe Fri 02-Sep-11 21:45:42

Good advice from mistressploppy, and don't forget to try and enjoy your pregnancy smile

Secondtimelucky Fri 02-Sep-11 22:05:21

Don't read too much, it will send you round the twist! People have been having babies for centuries, generally without doing them too much harm in utero. If in doubt, ask mumsnet, but in the meantime follow mistresssloppy's advice, but add a biccy or some chocolate if you can find it!

justhayley Fri 02-Sep-11 22:06:09

Thank you!
Ok I'm going to do as I'm told and have a cup of tea - already watching the crap on tv lol.
My hubby's out Tonight on his work leaving do otherwise he'd have to put up with my list of worries and tears lol

Right off to put the kettle on!
Thanks again girls, will try to enjoy my pregnancy just as soon as i stop feeling horrendous!

Xxx

lollystix Fri 02-Sep-11 22:28:07

Please chill out. Your body will do what it's supposed to do - you don't need to worry about it. Cover your bases - don't drink too much coffee, don't get shit faced, don't smoke and eat a pregnacare a day and you'll be fine. My bro is a dr and calls them parasites-they'll sap you of all the goodness they need. Ds1 was a steamed fish and broccoli pregnancy. I'm pregs with ds4 and he's a diet coke and hairbo baby- and I've just had a glass of wineblush. I know he'll come out ok in the wash.

notlettingthefearshow Fri 02-Sep-11 22:32:35

Yes, rubbish Tv is the way forward!

It sounds like a very emotional week so it's normal to feel totally overwhelmed. The responsibility of carrying a baby at first seems so huge, but actually most of the guidelines are just common sense. eg not too much caffeine or things which often give people food poisoning. Many women don't know they are pregnant until later on and have spent the first couple of months merrily drinking gin etc (that was me!) but the baby is fine! So don't stress about that.

Chin up, and feet up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now