Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Groin pain!!

(8 Posts)
steph01 Fri 02-Sep-11 20:27:37

if i sit down too long then get up my groin area really aches? anyone else???

BikeRunSki Fri 02-Sep-11 20:31:56

Yep

tory79 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:01:00

yep! And its worst in the mornings when I get up!

steph01 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:05:45

doesnt last long tho once i've walked around it wears off.
What about painful feet in the morning like a burning sensation at the top just under the toes???

Lala29 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:17:51

Steph, it sounds like SPD. I have that pretty much all the time (started around week 31 for me). If I manage it properly, it's not too bad. I can't sit, stand or walk for too long, but a combination of all of those makes it ok. I got a support belt from a physio person my midwife referred me to and they said to wear it when I walk too long. It really does help!

steph01 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:24:36

thank you. yeah i cant sit or walk around too long either im 31 weeks now. sorry whats SPD???

TooImmature2BDumbledore Fri 02-Sep-11 21:30:25

Symphisis pubis dysfunction. As I understand it, the ligaments holding the pelvis soften during pregnancy, and some women get pain because they soften too much. It feels like toothache in the groin! I am on pg no 2, only 9 weeks, and my pelvis is crunching audibly. It doesn't hurt (yet), but am not holding out much hope.

steph01 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:33:25

so is it bad? i currently have a pain down the middle of my stomach, what is that?????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now