Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Went shopping today for my maternity bag list

(5 Posts)
Allboxedin Fri 02-Sep-11 19:31:39

...and didn't get very far. I'll be 34 weeks this week.
Didn't find a long enough nightie, or pyjamas, I figured I wanted some cheap ones as will probably only use tham once.
Got a cheapy pair of flipflop slipper type things.
Newborn nappies,cotton wool,baby towel and blanket (have some left from DD but wanted a new one for the new baby!)
Bought some little bottles of shower gel,shampoo and deodorant and thats about it.
Got maternity pads and breast pads.
Remind me what else I need to buy? (already got baby's clothes ready)

cleanteeth Fri 02-Sep-11 20:42:39

I barely used anything off my hospital list! You can end up going overboard with what you need but all I found I used was:

*Nightie and dressing gown
*slippers
*2 good, comfortable bra's (one for the birth, one for after)
*3 pairs of knickers
*toothbrush and toothpaste
*hairbrush
*minimal make up
*make up remover wipes
*big sanitary pads
*water in a sports bottle (gas and air gives you a really dry throat!)
*small pack of nappies
*wipes
*baby food if you are not breast feeding
*scratch mits
*baby hat
*2 sleepsuits
*2 baby vests
*comfortable top and bottoms for leaving hospital
*a couple of magazines and snacks

Any other little things you might use in everyday life but really you dont need half the stuff you might get told you need. Just pack as if you were staying over at someones house but obviously with extras for the baby, you'll hopefully only be there one night anyway

Allboxedin Fri 02-Sep-11 20:50:31

Thanks clean, that was the other thing, major bra problem here, can't find one that fits at all. sad

licoriceGreen Sat 03-Sep-11 06:38:08

I got some pj's and a dressing gown from M&S I was looking everywhere for a cheap and cheerful set and gave up and thought I'd just go to Marks but they had a sale on and some great stuff, it was only last week so it might still be on. The dressing gown was only £16 not in the sale. Can't help with the bra issue though I'm having the same issue, all the maternity/ nursing bras just create an unsupported mono-boob not good. sad

Choufleur Sat 03-Sep-11 06:46:50

Maternity pads. Food/snacks to eat after the birth. Two slices of toast is not enough after a labour if you give birth in the night and there is no where to buy anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now