Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Flashing lights in my eyes and high(er) bp ... should I call mw?

(10 Posts)
SoBroken Fri 02-Sep-11 19:10:17

I am 40+1 and had an antenatal today. I had raised bp: 145/86 as opposed to 123/87, but doc just told me to take it easy.

However, about 10 mins ago, I just developed lights in front of my eyes, which I know is a sign of pre eclampsia. The lights are round tyhe edges of my vision and givibg me sort of tunnel vision.

Should I call someone or am I just overwrought?

Please answer asap, a bit worried!

sleepevader Fri 02-Sep-11 19:15:49

Yes call now. They will prob want to check things over.

nunnie Fri 02-Sep-11 19:16:23

Yes, phone and speak to someone. Much better than worry.

helsbels999 Fri 02-Sep-11 19:40:41

yup - phone call required to get it checked out

I had flashing lights from about 25 weeks with my first but BP was 'normal' so no problem if it helps give you some hope!

mumt1 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:31:41

I developed pre-clampsia. Was induced day after. I was overdue. It can be dangerous. Do u have headache n light headed aswell? Did you phone ur mw?

seeker Fri 02-Sep-11 21:33:48

Phone. Or if you can't get anyone, go to the hospital with your bag and prepared to stay. Good luck!

acatcalledfelix Fri 02-Sep-11 21:34:09

Call them now. The visual disturbance could be a warning sign. I may be a migraine, but you definitely need to get it checked out asap.

pookamoo Fri 02-Sep-11 21:37:10

Always call the midwife - they never mind checking your concerns. Hope all is ok.

SoBroken Sat 03-Sep-11 11:44:47

All is fine, went in and got checked and they couldn't find anything wrong except a plus of protein in my urine. That and blood been sent off and they sent me home.

Lights have gone now and I'm taking it easy today, DS at my mum's while I rest.

Thanks everyone for the advice, much appreciated.

MrsHuxtable Sat 03-Sep-11 11:58:54

So glad you came back to update and everything is fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now