Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just can't find any bras to fit!

(12 Posts)
Scheherezade Fri 02-Sep-11 15:58:48

ARGH - am going mad!!

I started off a 34 b/c pre-pregnancy. Bought a couple of 36Ds which did ok at first, then I was getting horrible pains right across my chest. Got measured at Debenhams and she said the 36D was too tight, and so put me in a 38DD!! So I dutifully bought a pack of 2 nursing bras in that size, as am 34 weeks.

That was a week ago. Now the back is riding up, and I'm still finding it digging in at the front, and my boobs don't feel like they're being 'lifted'.

Not sure what to do - I mean, my belly will be going down after birth won't it, so will I go down a bra size again? So is it worth shelling out for another bra? I don't understand how this bra can feel like it's both too tight, and too large, but it really digs in under my boobs and I get a stinging pain across my belly- my bump is high as baby is in breech.

When is it worth buying bras? Should I just suck it up until after the birth? Could do with some advice from experienced mums!!

sleepevader Fri 02-Sep-11 16:08:36

Could be too large in back and not large enough in cup. Ie you need a 36e on loosest setting so you can tighten it post delivery.

IMO debenhams and marks and spencers are rubbish. Bravissimo or a good independent are the way forward.

Scheherezade Fri 02-Sep-11 16:19:29

There is no bravissimo anywhere near to where we live sad

Am just feeling so fed up. The cups are too big I think, I can grab a fistful of loose material (and when I do, its a relief to have the weight of boob lifted off my chest!)

I have lost the receipt & packaging, but I have a receipt to say I was fitted last week, so I think I will go in tomorrow and complain.

Sandra2011 Fri 02-Sep-11 16:21:33

Somedays my chest (not breasts) feels larger than others.

I bought this bra extender from M&S and it's been reallly good.

www.marksandspencer.com/Pack-Hook-Bra-Extenders/dp/B003LENC3Y?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=42966030&sr=1-1&qid=1314976736&pf_rd_r=0FYMJA78MVCWP380S0E2&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=215485807&pf_rd_s=center-3

AKP79 Fri 02-Sep-11 16:21:42

But, Bravissimo do telephone fittings, which really work! I know because I used to work there and do them myself! Give their customer service a buzz, the girls are really friendly and more than happy to help. x

Scheherezade Fri 02-Sep-11 16:28:11

Hum, thats true, Sandra. I guess the only worry with going down into a D is that my boobs will probably get bigger as they get full of milk, wont they?

Oh I'm so fed up of it sad

Sandra2011 Fri 02-Sep-11 17:38:18

If you have old bras you could try that extender first.... much cheaper than buying new bra.

sleepevader Fri 02-Sep-11 18:32:05

With bravissimo you can order a few different sizes and styles. Free returns and if you want to exchange them for a different size they send then out post free on receipt of returned ones.

The customer service team also give advise over phone.

Oeisha Fri 02-Sep-11 21:27:28

Yup, go with bravissimo if you're a d or above.

John Lewis are also fairly accurate, though they do like fitting me in shape cups I just don't get on with and often, as I measure 33 1/2inches try and put me in a 34...only I'm VERY round breasted and 34s used to just dig on my broken rib. You can always go to them to get a handle on your cup size, but bravissimo will give you a better gague of your back measurement. They do also sell 3-hook bra extenders, which is great!

Started out a 32H and have been put into a 34JJ on the tightest fitting by Bravissimo...very comfy. I have a little room for expansion in the cup (less than I had when they were new, seem to be growing slowly rather than in bursts), and plenty of scope in the back. I have a few of the JL extenders too, just incase I can't bear the thought of shopping for a few weeks. 'Alana' and 'Daisy Chain' are the styles that worked for me.

MooseCakey Fri 02-Sep-11 21:39:51

I was measured at Jojo maman bebe, got a really soft comfortable bra that is expandable enough to cover a few sizes, definitely worth it. I think it's called Bravo or something like that.

idlevice Sat 03-Sep-11 01:44:25

bras4mums website does telephone fittings & has some mobile fitters in some areas. The one that covers several sizes is by Bravado -not great for support & shape but super comfy.

JanetPlanet Sat 03-Sep-11 07:11:57

I wore shock absorber sports bras in the end. After wasting so much money on bras only to grow out of them within a couple of weeks. I was a size FM (fucking massive) so most ordinary bras without underwires couldn't provide the support I needed. Bought a couple from Hot Milk so I didn't feel like I'd thrown the towel in completely but ended up going for comfort in the end. Sports bras stretched as I stretched and I could wear them afterwards to exercise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now