Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction/sweep positives needed!

(3 Posts)
Kezzamo Fri 02-Sep-11 12:52:14

Hi, I'm 41 weeks today and went to the hosp this morning for a sweep, which I was convinced would send me into labour straight away and was secretly hoping for a "oooh your already 3 cm!"

Instead I got a, hmmm your not ready shall I try. To which I said yes and the result was very painful.

The consultant was very down beat saying that it wont have worked as she could only just touch the membranes as my cervix is still long and hard. I am having another sweep on Sunday but she smiled and said she doubted the midwife would be able to "get in" as far as she had.

I am booked in for induction on tues which is 41+4.

I really hate hospitals and wanted a homebirth but hubby put his foot down. I compromised at I was leaving asap! Now im more than likely going to have to spend days at place!

I would really like to show the consultant she is wrong but, she knows best?

positive stories appreciated before I eat too much cake confused

Walnut8 Fri 02-Sep-11 14:02:01

If you want more time and the baby is looking okay from scans, then talk to your midwives. I managed to push my induction out to 40 +14 and would do it again. You can't have a homebirth though, as far as I know.

Walnut8 Fri 02-Sep-11 14:02:38

And eat more cake, it is very therapeutic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now