Talk

Advanced search

35 weeks pg, fully engaged and 1cm dilated, will it be long from now?

(4 Posts)
SchrodingersMew Fri 02-Sep-11 11:19:34

Me again!

Rough pregnancy but have went to my MW and Consultant on Wednesday and am fully engaged, I am also about 1cm dilated.

In 2 weeks I was meant to be getting induced but Consultant has decided that they will try sweeping me first as I've already started dilating a bit.

When talking about the cervix she had said "well we'll just see how that goes for now", so is there a high possibility I will go before then?

I have been getting really bad cramps in my tummy and lower back for about a week or so now, very restless and blimmin fed up.

Thanks. smile

mumblejumble Fri 02-Sep-11 15:44:05

If this is your first baby, then yes you are on your way, but no telling how long it will be. If your second, then I can only tell you from my experience that I have been 2 cm dilated for weeks before delivery with all penultimate babies.
I hope things get moving for you.
smile

sevensevenseven Fri 02-Sep-11 18:09:02

I was found to be 3 cm dilated when I had a membrane sweep with DS (my 1st) and went into labour the next day.

Good luck and hope it isn't long!

SchrodingersMew Sun 04-Sep-11 07:07:02

Thanks for the replies.

It's my first baby. smile

I've been having cx every 25 minutes for 2 days now. sad All in my back with cramps in between. sad

Hopefully something happens, either it stopping or going somewhere as I am going mad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now