Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

35 weeks pg, fully engaged and 1cm dilated, will it be long from now?

(4 Posts)
SchrodingersMew Fri 02-Sep-11 11:19:34

Me again!

Rough pregnancy but have went to my MW and Consultant on Wednesday and am fully engaged, I am also about 1cm dilated.

In 2 weeks I was meant to be getting induced but Consultant has decided that they will try sweeping me first as I've already started dilating a bit.

When talking about the cervix she had said "well we'll just see how that goes for now", so is there a high possibility I will go before then?

I have been getting really bad cramps in my tummy and lower back for about a week or so now, very restless and blimmin fed up.

Thanks. smile

mumblejumble Fri 02-Sep-11 15:44:05

If this is your first baby, then yes you are on your way, but no telling how long it will be. If your second, then I can only tell you from my experience that I have been 2 cm dilated for weeks before delivery with all penultimate babies.
I hope things get moving for you.
smile

sevensevenseven Fri 02-Sep-11 18:09:02

I was found to be 3 cm dilated when I had a membrane sweep with DS (my 1st) and went into labour the next day.

Good luck and hope it isn't long!

SchrodingersMew Sun 04-Sep-11 07:07:02

Thanks for the replies.

It's my first baby. smile

I've been having cx every 25 minutes for 2 days now. sad All in my back with cramps in between. sad

Hopefully something happens, either it stopping or going somewhere as I am going mad!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: