Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lopsided bump!

(6 Posts)
featherbag Fri 02-Sep-11 00:16:38

Hi all, I'm 27+5 with baby no.1, have had various problems with pregnancy including a major bleed at 9 weeks, being classed as high-risk due to kidney abnormalities and previous surgery, will be a cs delivery but other than that (!) all ok!

I've been diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus, which I've discovered was actually getting off lightly on the scale of abnormalities/fertility issues given my other problems (of the potential abnormalities associated with my kidney abnormalities, this was probably the least serious), but recently it seems to mean baby is living in the right side of my uterus only! This means my bump is more prominent on that side, and when baby moves a certain way, it's bottom sticks out under my ribs and sometimes you can actually get hold of it's bottom/back through the right side of my abdomen and round the right side. I know this is because the baby has less room than normal, it's essentially stuck in half my uterus, but boy is it uncomfortable, and only going to get worse. Anyone else had any experience with bicornuate uterus pregnancies that can give me any idea of what may be in store?

candr Fri 02-Sep-11 11:34:09

Hi, have no experience of your condition but my bump is often more on one side and my stomach makes very strange shapes which gets me some odd looks. Can clearly see feet and bum etc and yes it does hurt under the ribs. I have a small bump so can feel and see every movement. I use a warm hot water bottle and kneel over ball to calm down big movements. For some reason when DH puts hands on bump he calms down which is great.

icravecheese Fri 02-Sep-11 14:55:36

Hiya,

Again, no experience of a bicornuate uterus, but my bump has been TOTALLY wonky & one-sided this pregnancy. Turns out baby is lying oblique (sometimes moves transverse but mainly oblique) and so head is under my right-hand side ribs, feet down towards left hip & I permanently have a massive bump to the right of my belly button. I have found it really uncomfy, especially when sleeping at night. I went out & bought a gym ball at 30wks preg (now nearly 34) and sitting on that has helped with the general uncomfiness in the evenings.

iskra Fri 02-Sep-11 15:24:01

I have a lopsided bump too - did last time with DD also. It depends where she swings her bum round to as to where the biggest bit of the bump is. It does sometimes give me pain at the top of the bump.

lktoday5 Fri 02-Sep-11 15:31:02

Hi, I have a bicornuate uterus and am 30+6. bump is quite often lopsided and also small. I've also got classic transverse presentation and she's not moving. sad

featherbag Fri 02-Sep-11 21:07:54

Nice to know I'm not alone, although sorry for anyone else experiencing discomfort!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now