Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks and having a wobble

(5 Posts)
kettleboiler Thu 01-Sep-11 16:43:07

I'm due 15th Sept with my first and have had a really good pregnancy so far but ever since going on maternity leave a couple of weeks ago I've come over all emotional, feeling completely useless, having lists of things to do but not wanted to start any of them in case I can't finish them and generally feeling a bit blue. Haven't been overly hormonal at all until now and it's p*ssing me off! DH is adorable but he comes home from work every day and asks me what I've done all day - erm.......NOTHING! rational head says "chillax, you need the rest before it all kicks off" but emotional head is winning the battle. Any suggestions on how I can find some peace?

thisisyesterday Thu 01-Sep-11 16:45:10

awww it's hard when you get near the end.
the only thing that really works for me at times like that is to make a list. I have a whiteboard in the kitchen and I'll have say, 4 or 5 things that need doing, and I have to do them over the course of the week.
it's very satisfying crossing stuff off, and you don't feel overwhelmed by having a BIG list of stuff.

is everything ready for baby? will DH help you do things in the evenings?

it's ok to sit and do nothing though you know? just rest and relax before baby comes

licoriceGreen Thu 01-Sep-11 18:20:38

I'm due the same day as you and finding it really strange not having work to talk about too, I've been doing little jobs and avoiding anything bigger too. I'm making sure I leave the house each day to do something just to stop me climbing the walls. You could try a bumps and babies group I know that nct do them all over the UK so there should be one near you. But you are right about relaxing and taking some time for you as things are about to get hectic. Maybe read a book and put your feet up x

kettleboiler Sat 03-Sep-11 13:05:12

Leaving the house is definitely the way forward. I've just scrubbed my bathroom tiles to within an inch of their lives and feel better. You're right - small achievable jobs are the way forward. x

licoriceGreen Sat 03-Sep-11 13:34:34

Glad you're feeling a better, and that your tiles are sparkling. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now