Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

uneven boobs

(7 Posts)
KatyN Thu 01-Sep-11 13:45:15

Now I understand that we're not perfectly symetrical and I've had it pointed out in bra shops that one might be bigger than the other.. but not as so I'd notice..

UNTIL LAST NIGHT.. I was brushing my teeth (sans top) and realised that my right boob was CONSIDERABLY larger than my left. I don't think you'd notice if I had clothes on (well I hope not because I'm in work and I'd be very embarassed) but I wondered if this was somehow prgrnancy related.

If one was slightly larger than the other pre pregnancy, might that one grow even more the the other when I was pregnant??

I'm exactly 30 weeks today so I hope it doesn't carry on growing at a faster rate for the next 10 weeks!!

kt

Purplebuns Thu 01-Sep-11 17:03:24

I have had one boob be more inclined to be bigger than the other.
With BF it would fill quicker and bigger with milk, than my other breast. You will probably find it will fluctuate a bit and with bf if you have a baby who only drains one boob at a time you will get used to being a bit lopsided!
It is entirely normal so please don't worry, just another glamorous part of pregnancy! Also, at 30 weeks your boobs will have kicked up its milk making a notch.

Sandra2011 Thu 01-Sep-11 17:09:49

My left one has always been bigger.

Before, during and after the pregnancy smile

loverocky Thu 01-Sep-11 21:42:26

yes i have one considerably larger than the other, ive even been told by two or three people i could get that sorted out on the nhs, but i dont want to get boob surgery haha. it made me feel even more bad about them :S but thats the way i was made so i is going to deal with it smile its normal to be considerably larger i looked it up on embarrasing bodies, ive been checked for lumps and its all normal smile so no need to worry hun x

TempestGirl Thu 01-Sep-11 21:48:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

BeautifulBirths Thu 01-Sep-11 21:50:22

After feeding my second child I had one 2 cup sizes bigger than the other. When I stopped feeding it all settled down again to even out so don't worry.

BigBabyBoots Fri 02-Sep-11 12:34:19

My left one has always been slightly bigger, then in second trimester it grew and grew and the right one didn't! A few weeks ago the right one seemed to catch up overnight though so the difference isn't so noticeable again, but I did gain some lovely stretch marks on it for the pleasure hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now