Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

scared i can't get pregnant..

(9 Posts)
livelove Wed 31-Aug-11 23:51:27

i'm quite young but i feel ready to become a mum, i have had unprotected sex but am still not yet pregnant. I'm scared i can't have kids. I have skipped a period but i'm too scared to take a test. I don't think I could take the dissapointment if it came up negative. I also feel my relationship is falling apart and a baby would bring us so much closer as a family!! someone help me? please?!

PotatoesOfTheCarribean Wed 31-Aug-11 23:54:57

Where do I start.....

Graciescotland Wed 31-Aug-11 23:56:41

With once upon a time...

PotatoesOfTheCarribean Thu 01-Sep-11 00:04:39

grin

In the land of makebelieve...

MissRee Thu 01-Sep-11 07:44:31

A baby will NOT repair an already damaged relationship! It's one of the hardest things you will have to do together, raising a child. You don't mention how your partner feels about this... does he even know?

RealityVonCrapp Thu 01-Sep-11 07:45:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lollystix Thu 01-Sep-11 08:39:36

It always makes me smile when people think a baby will mend a relationship - it's one of the most destructive things you could possibly do to a relationship. Please wait till you are oldersad

justhayley Thu 01-Sep-11 08:44:03

without sounding patronising can I ask why you would want to bring a baby into a relationship that isn't working? If it's not working now it won't work when u have a baby making u cranky and sleepy and taking up all ur time. maybe u should think about working on your self and your relationship before trying to get pregnant. ill be 28 when I give birth, and am lucky enough to have had a really happy relationship for 7 years, but even I feel abit young and am worried about a baby effecting our relationship in a negative way.

Let's be honest if a baby brought relationships together there wouldn't be so many single parents, and Jeremy Kyle would be out of work!

How old are you? Enjoy being young!
If u havnt done so go to uni it's great fun (plus u get an education bla bla bla) see the world, travelling is amazing!
Experience all the things you want for you own life and then have a baby!

I'm sure youl have no problems conceiving, how long have u been trying? If your worried go to your doctor and get a fertility test and if ur not already pregnant maybe the pill.
Don't wana sound harsh, but its just worrying, if u think a baby will save a relationship ur probably not actually ready to have one.
I'm sure when the times right and your in a happy secure relationship with this guy or the next you will make a fantastic mum regardless of age!

Xxx

Biscuitsandtea Thu 01-Sep-11 09:15:27

Well explained Justhayley - I'd agree with everything you said. I was 30 when I had DS and had been with DH for over 10 years - we have the most stable, calm, relationship and it is still a really hard thing to bring up children. Definitely not a fix for a relationship!

Can I add as well, I think livelove you said that you had already missed a period? If that is the case you should really do a test - if you are pg you ought to know and if not (and you usually have a regular cycle) it may be worth seeing your GP in case there is anything else (but don't panic - even if there is a problem doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to have children).

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now