Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Certificate

(5 Posts)
MrsRV Wed 31-Aug-11 21:05:32

Am I supposed to have some kind of certificate to give to work or to show for free dental work/prescriptions? I'm just over 12 weeks and have scan tomorrow... Not sure if that makes a difference or not! Otherwise I'm contemplating making myself a certificate to stick on the fridge 'well done me' type one!!! :-)

laracroft2001 Wed 31-Aug-11 21:21:32

hi

after about 20 weeks you get a Mat1b1 form to give to your work. ask your midwife for the prescription exemption form which you need to send off to Newcastle to get your certificate x

licoriceGreen Wed 31-Aug-11 21:21:36

You get a form called a matb1 to show work at your 20 week appointment, you also get a little plastic card to prove that you don't need to pay for prescriptions, I think mine came at around 16 weeks but you dont need it you just tick why you don't have to pay and then sign to say if your fibbing then you'll pay, I like your idea of one for the fridge though x

Chynah Wed 31-Aug-11 21:24:44

Your midwife should give you a from at your booking appointment to enable you to get your NHS exemption card for prescriptions etc - ask her for it. When you are around 24 weeks your midwife will give you a MATB1 form which is what you need to give work for mat leave/pay etc. Plus give yourself one and stick it on the fridge smile Lovely idea!

Oeisha Wed 31-Aug-11 21:27:17

I got my prescription exemption after my booking appointment (so by 10wks). MW set it up for me:

"If you are pregnant, or have had a baby in the last 12 months, you get free:

NHS prescriptions, but only if you have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
NHS dental treatment if, when you are accepted for a course of treatment, you are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months

To apply for your maternity exemption certificate (MatEx) ask your doctor, nurse, midwife or health visitor for form FW8. You complete parts 1 and 2 of the form and your doctor, midwife or health visitor signs it to confirm that the information given by you is correct.

Your MatEx will last until 12 months after the expected date of birth of your baby. If your baby is born early you can continue to use your MatEx until the certificate expires. If your baby is born late you can apply for an extension. If you apply after your baby is born, your MatEx will run for 12 months from your baby’s birth.

For more information on how to apply for a MatEx visit the NHS Business Services Authority website. "

Just ring your MW and ask by the looks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now