Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 wks & feel like I've been doing situps?

(5 Posts)
pep124 Wed 31-Aug-11 17:40:18

Hi
Sorry for a question that is very possibly totally inane... But... Over the last week or two I have had a slightly weird feeling in my lower abdomen, a bit like I feel when I've overdone the crunches in the gym - you know, kind of sore, aware of where the musles are. Clearly I haven't been doing any - so I'm wondering if this is normal? I've read on here that some people feel mild cramping in the first few weeks as the uterus changes, but it doesn't feel so much like cramps as a very occasional ache...? confused

feekerry Wed 31-Aug-11 17:52:25

yep- thats totally the discription i would use re feeling like sit ups. i'm now 11 weeks but def thru weeks 5 -7 felt like i'd been doing loads of ab crunches. think its just everything stretching inside!
xx

dreamc1 Wed 31-Aug-11 18:48:09

Oh yes! Know the feeling, have had the feeling from 7 weeks or so, amd now 9 weeks.

MrsCog Wed 31-Aug-11 19:34:37

Yes - I got that weeks 5/6 - I almost kidded myself I had been going to the gym!

KatyN Fri 02-Sep-11 08:27:34

I felt like this and it was quite uncomfy until I stopped holding my tummy in.. I hadn't realised I did this naturally. Once I started releasing (and almost blowing it out most of the time) the muscles chilled out and it didn't hurt as much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now