Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A rant about maternity clothes

(12 Posts)
melliebobs Wed 31-Aug-11 17:28:07

doing the leg work now as it's only a matter or time till i need some jeans (15+3), looked in the usual places. But why oh why does no where do short leg stuff. I mean NEXT have regular length, they have long. But what about us people 5'4" and under?! And i aint stopping there! There are 3 Nexts where i live, 2 of them large out of town ones that have all the homeware as well. However they don't have ANY of the maternity clothes on the shop floor! What is that all about?! I can't afford to order stuff on line in 2 sizes cos i don't know what I am, as i don't have the ££ to bloomin pay for it, even if i'll be returning half of it. God why do they make it so hard.

Rant over

TheCokeMachine Wed 31-Aug-11 17:41:01

I feel your pain! Try New Look, they have some cheap(ish) 28" leg maternity jeans online, they worked ok for me and I'm only 5'1".

Dawnywoo Wed 31-Aug-11 17:43:28

I share your pain - could have cried in Next yesterday for the same reason. In the end, I found some maternity stuff in the city centre Next where I live and tried on the regular length jeans then asked them to order in some for me in short length. They agreed though I had to ask twice. Worth a try perhaps?

Good luck.

P.S. jeans are great quality but I had to go down a size whereas with Hennes stuff I had to go up a size.

iklboo Wed 31-Aug-11 17:43:49

Asda do maternity & maternity petite clothes.

licoriceGreen Wed 31-Aug-11 17:45:43

Dorothy Perkins do a short leg too but again not many stores stock maternity wear so it's worth calling ahead.

karlmarxthespot Wed 31-Aug-11 17:47:36

Mamas and papas do nice jeans and the legs are short enough for short-arse me!

PotteringAlong Wed 31-Aug-11 17:56:24

I got mamas and papas jeans after a long fraught jeans search! Under the bump, look good, don't fall down and, although they were £40 which was more than I wanted to pay i've worn them over and over again!

IslandIsla Thu 01-Sep-11 08:32:23

I have the same problem - try mamas and papas and topshop do short length in some maternity styles.

nannyl Thu 01-Sep-11 08:41:34

i have petite size maternity jeans from next, mamas and papas and mothercare.
Im 5ft 2!

some are called "short" rather than petite but they have the same leg length as petite non maternity jeans

also asda do some normal length cotton maternity "laze around the house" trousers for £8. Once washed they become become petite length. (I have 2 pairs, never wash above 40C and dont own a tumble dryer)

look on ebay and find loads of petite size jeans, often in a bundle smile

nannyl Thu 01-Sep-11 08:43:31

just to add im pretty sure next now ONLY do their maternity stuff online / mail order and not in any of even their largest stores angry

goodnightmoon Thu 01-Sep-11 08:50:04

my gap jeans last time around fit quite well. I'm 5'4" and I think they were size medium or a 10 or so. Sometimes Gap does ankle length too that fits us short uns well.

CoffeeOne Thu 01-Sep-11 11:19:08

Hi Mellie! I'm 5'2 and got some good maternity jeans from TopShop. They do 30" length which is just a teeny bit long for me but it's as good as it gets really! They're decent jeans but a bit pricey at £40. Sizes 8-16. You do have to order them online but can take them back in store if you need to. Pretty much everywhere has stopped stocking maternity clothes in store now sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now