Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heavy feeling in arms?

(7 Posts)
MooseyMoo Wed 31-Aug-11 17:19:40

has anyone else experienced this when pregnant?

On Sunday I was washing my hair and suddenly felt extremely tired and could hardly lift arms. Felt like I had been for a workout the day before. Felt very tired throughout day and didn't do a lot but still felt heavy limbed in the afternoon.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and this is my second pregnancy. Have tried contacting midwife to see if this is a common problem or a sign of something more serious but can't get through at moment.

TIA

AllyB2 Wed 31-Aug-11 17:32:00

Hi. I had exactly the same thing a few times when I was around 30 weeks - couldn't manage to brush my hair, felt like I had been carrying really heavy bags of shopping - I couldn't work out any rhyme or reason why it happened, and then it just went away. Sorry that's not much help, but you are not on your own!

MooseyMoo Wed 31-Aug-11 17:36:06

That's good to know ally. Thanks for replying. It's blimmin weird!

lollystix Wed 31-Aug-11 20:56:39

Any tingling in hands and feet?

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 31-Aug-11 21:00:02

I get this and am only 22 weeks. Some mornings I can barely lift my arms up to wash my hair in the shower. And mega tingling in my hands if they're in the same position for more than 30 seconds.

MooseyMoo Thu 01-Sep-11 08:31:13

lolly - on and off but mainly at night. Put it down to sleeping position.

lollystix Thu 01-Sep-11 08:34:28

Sounds ok then. I got this all of a sudden with the extreme aching but the tingling was constant. Was not preg related for me and was a very rare condition but it sounds highly unlikely you have that. It was all constant though and yours passes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now