Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby hiccoughs - how often?

(11 Posts)
Bartimaeus Wed 31-Aug-11 15:33:01

How often does your baby have hiccoughs?
I'm 35+2 and have only felt hiccoughs in the last few weeks but it seems to be almost daily and sometimes a couple of times a day.

Does this seem a lot? Don't know if it's anything worrying, it's just I can get extreme hiccoughs and it's very uncomfortable and I don't like the idea of my baby being uncomfortable...(yup it's a PFB grin )

When I was little I'd get hiccoughs up to 7 times a day, and in fact my mum says I was only 4 hours old when I got my first set of hiccoughs!

slowshow Wed 31-Aug-11 15:36:09

I'm 37+6 and this baby has hiccupped every single day since about 26 weeks (I can't actually remember when it started). Always more than one bout a day, sometimes up to six bouts a day hmm

MrsCLH Wed 31-Aug-11 15:37:50

Hi Bartimaeus

I'm the same as you, definitely at least once a day, and usually more like 2-3 times. Someone told me that it doesn't bother them, and even when they are born and are still small babies it doesn't bother them.

My 3 year old nephew had them the other day and I asked him if it bothered him and he said "Yes, it gets on my nerves!!" Lol smile

xx

sunface Wed 31-Aug-11 15:38:58

ih Bartimaeus, i'm just a tiny bit ahead of you 35+4 and baby seems to get them really frequently during the day and during the night too! Seems to be perfectly normal!

megansmummy1 Wed 31-Aug-11 21:47:09

I am 36+2 and baby been getting them once a day ish for the last week or so. When i was pregnant with DD1, it was much more frequent, several times every day and started from about 30 weeks. She is almost 4 now and still gets them all the time, especially if she gets the giggles!!

G1nger Wed 31-Aug-11 21:53:28

36 weeks and I find it's about once a day.

cherryjellybelly Wed 31-Aug-11 22:14:06

I'm the same as you smile so I think its normal

Allboxedin Wed 31-Aug-11 22:19:49

Havent had them too much yet but last time they felt as though they were right down in my bottom - really weird feeling!

Steeplearningcurve Wed 31-Aug-11 22:20:09

When I was pregnant with dd she got them several times a day and i was a bit concerned! she is 4 months old now and has had them pretty much every day, but they don't seem to bother her so I wouldn't worry that they are making your baby uncomfortable.

hubbahubster Thu 01-Sep-11 08:00:29

DS had them all the time, proper marathon sessions too - about 15-20 mins a time, and then quite often they'd start again shortly after stopping. He still gets them now he's been born. The midwife at the hospital even remarked on it and asked whether he got them a lot when I was pregnant! So I think it's quite common. He wasn't a big mover or kicker as a bump, so I actually found the hiccups quite reassuring as it was proof that he was still ok and practising his breathing and swallowing.

ImBrian Thu 01-Sep-11 08:14:52

28 weeks and just started getting them regularly, prob once a day. I've felt them having the hiccups with all 3 of my daughters as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now