Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So confused!

(5 Posts)
bunintheoven1 Wed 31-Aug-11 14:32:09

Sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting, but I am so confused! I've been looking around for baby clothes and I'm not sure about sizing. Most shops seem to have clothes in the sized newborn and 0-3 months - what's the difference?

Tigresswoods Wed 31-Aug-11 14:35:45

You'll probably find they also have a weight written in them. Clearly newborn will be smaller than 0-3. grin

MsChanandlerBong Wed 31-Aug-11 14:38:47

I'm no expert, but if you look at the weights printed on the labels, I think you'll see that baby will either grow out of newborn clothes really quickly - or won't even fit into them in the first place (if you have a larger than average baby!!).

FWIW I have bought a few newborn things, but mostly 0-3 months in the hope that we get a bit of wear out of them before dd gets too big. Not had her yet, so can't report back on whether this was a good approach smile

MrsCLH Wed 31-Aug-11 15:31:13

I've done the same. Got mostly 0-3 but got some newborn vests and sleepsuits which I've got in my hospital bag. I've then got a few 0-3 vests and sleepsuits in the emergency bag (which will be staying in the car) unless baby is bigger than I'm expecting!

Biscuitsandtea Wed 31-Aug-11 15:40:29

Hi, we did the same sort of thing for DS. As others have said, you can look at the weights too on the labels.

For what it's worth we bought some 0-3 stuff on the basis that even if it wasn't needed straight away it would be eventually. Then we got a small selection of newborn stuff (think we bought a starter pack thing from mothercare that had a few vests, bodysuits, a hat etc in).

Basically we had very little newborn stuff but then planned that if newborn fitted either DH or a willing helper would go to Tescos or somewhere to get more in. This also helped as we didn't know if it was going to be a boy or girl. It helped that there was a 24 hr tesco 2 mins from our house.

We would have had to do similar if he'd needed prem sizing or similar.

DS was 8lb 3oz and still was in newborn at first. They are so crumpled up at first and stretch out over the first few days so don't need much in the way of legroom!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now