Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5cms dilated and not in labour..overdue madness?!

(8 Posts)
danio7 Wed 31-Aug-11 09:03:23

had a second sweep a few days ago at 41weeks this is first child.
cervix very favourable, scored 7.5 on the Bishops score and am 5cms dilated.. where the hell is my baby?! will it be soon?? does anyone have any similar experiences or know if the second sweep works better, I need stats!

BeeMyBaby Wed 31-Aug-11 13:44:24

no idea I'm afraid, but please keep the thread updated about how soon you go into labour - and how quick your labour is!

Poweredbypepsi Wed 31-Aug-11 13:49:21

wow i have not heard of being that far without being in labour!. Hopefully it will happen any time soon and i bet quickly!

del1 Wed 31-Aug-11 13:50:39

WOW! never heard of anyone with this beforeshock

You must be dead hard!! My toes were curling with pain at 5cm with my first!!

I had a sweep at around 40 weeks last time, and was 2 cm dilated. Didn't have a clue I was?

Does this mean, as you only have 5 cm left, that it will go quicker?

Get squatting, walking, and bouncing on your birthing ball, might speed it up.

Good luck grin

BeeMyBaby Wed 31-Aug-11 21:03:48

danio7 I'm taking it that from the lack of reply you went into labour shortly after starting the thread?

Sam100 Wed 31-Aug-11 21:09:21

I managed 5 cms dilated without going into labour! This was with dc2 and after 2nd or 3rd sweep midwife said I was 5cm but I was a week overdue! I finally went into labour at 10 days overdue and it was a fairly quick and easy labour! I think about 5 hours all in from twinges to pushing! I had a water birth and did not get to needing gas and air etc, though had planned to use it when I felt I needed it.

My waters did not break until right at the end then popped and half an hour later she was out!

Hope you have a lovely birth!

magicmelons Wed 31-Aug-11 22:18:14

<envy> I was days in full blown labour before i got 5cm with my first. Your body is obviously just very efficient. I hope it all goes well.

PotatoesOfTheCarribean Wed 31-Aug-11 22:22:23

I had similar, sweep at 41w and was 4cm, next day in hospital as suspected waters gone, baby arrived 12 hours later.

Make sure they keep an eye on you when you do go in, you may well progress very quickly and have to be wheeled down to the labour suite at 9cm and in fucking agony [bitter]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now