Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

1 day to go.

(18 Posts)
nunnie Wed 31-Aug-11 07:50:39

I only have to wear tights and cross my legs for one more day, to get this baby into September.

I know it is selfish of me but I really don't want my DS and this baby in the same school year I don't want that awkward moment when they get older where they are called twins and I have to explain that they aren't infact twins blush

Only 36+5 so hoping this one stays put a couple of weeks longer anyway. As DS came at 36+3 I am not taking anything for granted.

Am I the only one sad enough to be avoiding falling off the September bus?

I should say we did use a condom but it failed us and this baby may not have been planned but is very very much wanted. Just before anyone comes on and discusses the birds and the bees with me wink

hiss42 Wed 31-Aug-11 08:06:13

I had my first DS on the 17th, and after forceps and an episiotomy, I've decided that I'm never having sex again!!! Especially not soon enough for them to be in the same year at school!
(I assume this sort of comment is why you want them to be in different years... I do appologise)

Nagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 08:09:38

you'll still get the twins thing. Sorry.

grin

you are supposed to say that you want a september baby so that they do better at school BTW wink

nannyl Wed 31-Aug-11 08:32:53

lol

im 38+3 today.

in December when i was planning an older baby in the school year and it was my first i was so confident it would not be born in augast!... It was just not gonna happen in my mind lol.
(It didnt occur to me that i was a first baby and early, my grandmothers have had babies early, and my aunt has never made it past 36 weeks!)

these last few days have really dragged though as i have counted down the hours left that baby needs to stay inside in for!

My other worry is i always wanted a (very) small age gap, and i will now probably have to be careful to ensure that next child is also in a different school year!

MsChanandlerBong Wed 31-Aug-11 08:36:13

I'm hoping for a small age gap between this (my first dc) and my second (assuming the experience of the first dc doesn't put me off!!). But I have vowed to do my best to avoid being heavily pregnant over summer again, so hopefully that will mean I miss the same school year thing!

nunnie Wed 31-Aug-11 10:02:26

"you are supposed to say that you want a september baby so that they do better at school BTW"

blush oh yes of course forgot that bit, how selfish of me wink

yes that's the kind of comments hiss42 grin I did wait 11 weeks and 1 day and fell pregnant on that one and only bedroom bounce.

This time I shall avoid intercourse until after the menopause I think wink

del1 Wed 31-Aug-11 14:09:46

I am due this Sunday, and felt a bit daft, by telling my MIL that I didn't want to go for a walk in the park today with her and the kids, incase it brings on labour before Septemeber.

She looked at me like I was insane blush

So I'm glad you lot are on the same wave length! grin

I know it proaly does sound daft, but really want this one to be one of the older ones at school.
nunnie - so they do better at school wink

Valiant1 Wed 31-Aug-11 18:28:39

My ds and dd are 13 months apart and i always get the "twins" comment. they are in different years at school but my friend has two in the same year her dd was born in Sept and her ds was born 10 months later in Aug you can request that the younger one born in August can be kept behind a year but it is at the head teachers discretion and ours said no.

lolajane2009 Wed 31-Aug-11 19:03:40

Lol, i keep saying it is due to academics that I want my child, due 16th sept, to be a sept baby but the truth is a a SAHM I want another year with him.

nannyl Wed 31-Aug-11 19:56:46

lolajane

you could be me. Mine is due on 11th September, and the reason i want a september baby is actually because i want the full 5 years as a SAHM.

I also believe even at 5 its a bit early for full time school, and have thought about home ed-ing for a couple of years, but i think if child is 5 and ready then i can send them to school happily.

4 hours to go cant help thinking that my grandmothers 1st labour was 2 hours start to finish

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Wed 31-Aug-11 20:00:21

Another counting down the next 4 hours.;.......

Nagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 22:04:55

ha ha fast forward 4 years and I can't wait to pack mine off grin

jammyscone Wed 31-Aug-11 22:11:08

I've genuinely been wanting to keep her in until September so she does better at school, seeing as I'm a July birthday and always felt like I was behind everyone. Less than 2 hours to go now... smile

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Thu 01-Sep-11 03:56:58

Woohoo I made it, did everyone else????

Valiant1 Thu 01-Sep-11 07:01:10

i made it xxx

Jill72 Thu 01-Sep-11 07:09:07

Yea!! Well done! Now you can start your eviction planning!!

nunnie Thu 01-Sep-11 07:48:49

Made it, tights off and legs uncrossed now wink

nannyl Thu 01-Sep-11 07:56:01

I made it too! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now