Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do you start to show?

(21 Posts)
Onlymydogunderstandsme Tue 30-Aug-11 22:14:37

hi there, just found out I'm pg with first dc! My tummy is bloated already and clothes are feeling tight already!! I'm presuming this is a temporary thing and not showing already (only be 5 weeks on Thursday!) but when do you start to show?

Thanks

melliebobs Tue 30-Aug-11 22:25:26

That early they say it's more water retention cos ur uterus won't have gone that much higher than ur pubic bone. I'm 15+2 n still nothing sad

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Aug-11 22:28:35

PG1 - About 6 months
PG2 - About 2 months

spritzercat Tue 30-Aug-11 22:32:11

I had the bloated look from 5 weeks. It never went down and it just got bigger week by week. I looked pregnant rather than 'is that fat or a baby?' at about 15 weeks. At 20 weeks I am very much pregnant looking!

Congrats by the way Only

Enraha Tue 30-Aug-11 22:36:49

PG1 - kept people guessing until 19-20 weeks
PG2 - obvious to me at 5-6 weeks; rest of world 13 or so weeks if wearing clingy items

jammyscone Tue 30-Aug-11 22:52:45

There were still people who didn't know I was pregnant the week before I went on maternity leave!

Onlymydogunderstandsme Tue 30-Aug-11 23:33:33

Thanks for the replies....I guess it's different for everyone!

TinkerTailorSoldierLibrarian Tue 30-Aug-11 23:45:16

Definitely different for everyone. I have a shallow pelvis so my uterus is palpable above it from about 9 weeks, a bit earlier this time round. I have a flat stomach usually but from 10 weeks or so it's pretty clear. By 16 weeks you can see and feel movement from the outside of my abdomen. But I'm just ridiculously short. At 38 weeks, I'm a weeble...

Snakeears Wed 31-Aug-11 07:37:17

probably not so any one else would notice until I was 23/24 weeks really - I could tell from about 17 weeks - DH noticed when we went for the 20 weeks scan and my belly 'stayed up' i.e. didn't go flat like a bit of a jelly belly might if you lie on your back other than that I just looked like I had eaten too many pies!

twojumpingbeans Wed 31-Aug-11 08:08:46

I think for my first pg I was showing from about 16 weeks. Am 10 weeks tmrw and definitely have a belly this time, so a lot sooner.

I remember going to GPs first time at about 14 weeks as I was really worried that I still had a flat tummy. Bit silly really, DD was 10lb 13oz when she was born! smile

setara Wed 31-Aug-11 08:09:00

With my DD it was about 20 weeks, i'm now 9 weeks with number 2 and i'm huge, thank god its getting cold and i can wear baggy clothes, am hoping its not number 2 and 3 lol

heatherwil Wed 31-Aug-11 11:44:26

I'm only just starting to show at 19 weeks (first pregnancy)

bigeyes Wed 31-Aug-11 11:54:38

I was fat before conceiving a size 16/18.

I am 15 + 5 and still look just fatter, most clothes still fit (not jeans) I didnt want to tell people I was expecting (theres still many who dont know) as they will think im further on than I am - this bothered me.

Anyway I have told a few last week. I have ordered some maternity clothes from next sale, they are a bit big. I had really bad rib and back ache for a few days this last week as if it decided to move but I am not expecting a bump bump until 20 weeks onwards. Just fat sad

WeLoveHaribo Wed 31-Aug-11 11:55:45

First pregnancy around 20wk, second i am now 16+4 no one would guess but i do have jelly belly!

KatyN Wed 31-Aug-11 13:22:58

I was showing at 14 weeks (thought I wasn't until had a photo taken.. wowzers)

but if you're thinking of people guessing.. the sickness and exhaustion let most people guess correctly WAY before then!

Congrats though!

feekerry Wed 31-Aug-11 15:27:46

i'm 11 weeks and bloated, but its not a true bump as goes away when lying down etc. my friend who is also on her first pregnancy woke up one morning when she was about 16 weeks and had a little solid bump, looking at hers it starts lower down than a bloated belly if you see what i mean. its also very hard. she said it literally appeared overnight.

goatshavestrangeeyes Wed 31-Aug-11 15:34:12

I'm on baby no.3 and i'm only just starting to show a tiny bit now and i'm nearly 20 weeks. Think i was about the same with my other two, strong tummy muscles here!

dreamc1 Wed 31-Aug-11 15:49:59

I'm 9 weeks 2morow, and as feekerry says "little solid bump, looking at hers it starts lower down than a bloated belly if you see what i mean. its also very hard"
Mine has apperared too, tiny little bump that doesn't go away when lying down. Normally when I lie down, my stomach is very flat. Having said that, I'm very slim and tiny anyway, so I'm guessing it would show sooner rather than later?..

Jezzabell Wed 31-Aug-11 16:10:19

I've got a bit of a belly on me anyway, but last week I noticed that it really juts out above my pubic area (?!) it never did that before and it feels different, not as wobbly and it doesn't go away when i lie down. I've still got a bit of jelly fatty tum higher up which i can suck in but from below my belly button it's different. Also I need to undo my jeans when I sit down and I know I ate a fair bit last week but not that much! I'm 12+4 and got my 12 week scan tomorrow, excited I think. Will just be happy to actually confirm for defiante there's something wriggling around in there and I haven't made it all up as until now they've just taken my word for it which feels a little strange (although I think the nausea and no periods since the beginning of June is a bit of a give away, but I'm sure you know what I mean!)

scepticalexpat Wed 31-Aug-11 16:24:06

At 15 weeks you could see I was pregnant if I was wearing something tight round my belly. I went to a big conference and saw lots of people I hadn't seen for a while, and before I announced that I was pregnant they were looking at me and wondering.

bigeyes Wed 31-Aug-11 20:15:10

I have bump envy envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now