Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High HTC Levels at 5/6 weeks

(6 Posts)
spannermary Tue 30-Aug-11 21:26:15

Evening all! So I have spent the day at the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit, giving blood & being examined as I am 5/6 weeks pregnant (yay!!). I have the HTC results back. Having being told above 1000 is good, they are a whopping 61,648! I'm heading back in the morning for a 6 week scan, but I have no idea what these numbers mean. The nurse sounded happy but it seems really high! Reassurances would be appreciated. smile

Cheers, Spanner

PS I was sent there by GP as I had very slight bleeding a couple of weeks ago (prob implantation spotting) & a sore stomach. They're happy there's nothing sinister about that and think Ectopic v unlikely. I'm such a newbie here...and am scaring myself by googling symptoms! Bad idea...

griphook Tue 30-Aug-11 23:03:03

Not sure, but iirc my htc levels were high with my first preg. Not it was picked up on, I was looking through my notes, and everything was fine.

griphook Tue 30-Aug-11 23:04:03

hcg

spannermary Wed 31-Aug-11 07:22:13

Thanks guys - ps yup hcg - told you I was a newbie!!

Wombat33 Wed 31-Aug-11 11:53:42

I had high hcg levels - if I remember correctly they were 29000 at 4.5 weeks and nearly 70000 a week later. All seems fine so far (baby due in 9 days!). Try not to worry and good luck for your scan. With those bloods you should expect to see a heartbeat I think!

spannermary Wed 31-Aug-11 16:43:38

Thanks, griphook and Wombat33. I've had a lovely day today, seeing my baby on a scan for the first time - heartbeat and all! You're right too that the HCG levels are nothing to worry about: it turns put I'm 8 weeks pregnant; not 5/6!

Feeling rather soppy now. Big smiles all round! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now