Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried ... advise please

(8 Posts)
FirstTimeMummyToBe Tue 30-Aug-11 08:44:25

Hi i am 27+6 weeks pregnant and have had strong movement since about 22 weeks but the past few days i have felt hardly anything and starting to panic.

I'm worried about wasting peoples time though, as this is my first not sure what to expect.

If i call someone who should i phone doctor or hospital? My doctors are not very helpful at the best of times but the hospital i have been having my scans at only have a EPU can i still call them this far on or should it be the hospital i am going to give birth at?

Also at work now and don't have midwifes number on me.

JambalayaCodfishPie Tue 30-Aug-11 08:46:10

You would not be wasting anybodys time.

I promise.

Call whoever you need to to get re-assurance.

nunnie Tue 30-Aug-11 08:47:36

Don't worry about wasting peoples time!

I am not sure about policies, but locally any change in movement should be reported to midwife/hospital and they request you to go in to the day unit to be monitored for a while.

Please ring them.

nunnie Tue 30-Aug-11 08:48:53

Missed last bit sorry, contact the local hospital (switchboard will do if can't get another number) and they will transfer you to the day unit or equivalent.

FirstTimeMummyToBe Tue 30-Aug-11 09:13:35

Thank you for all the advise called hospital and going in to see them.

bigeyes Tue 30-Aug-11 10:15:45

Im so gald you have - I read the count the kicks campaign which I wasnt aware of lst pg with DS and wouldnt hesitate, hope all is well.

kri5ty Tue 30-Aug-11 10:33:48

Hi hun, i just wanted to say i'm glad you rang... you won't be wasting anyones time ... it's their job smile and worth every minute if it can put your mind at rest! x

FirstTimeMummyToBe Tue 30-Aug-11 12:00:42

Thank you everyone! Babys fine smile The midwife was lovely glad i went! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now