Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre-Packed Hospital Bag

(39 Posts)
BarbaraBMB Mon 29-Aug-11 22:21:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

mumatron Mon 29-Aug-11 22:23:30

hmm

you need to pay to advertise here.

nannyl Mon 29-Aug-11 22:25:18

only 8 maternity pads? shock

BarbaraBMB Mon 29-Aug-11 22:27:53

JennyPiccolo Mon 29-Aug-11 22:28:44

that's you told Nanny

sleepevader Mon 29-Aug-11 22:29:26

Clearly advertising so can I make some suggestions please.

Better pictures of the bag and contents inside it.

I actually like the bag but would prefer more detailed images.

Muslins would be more useful instead of bibs

Nappy cream not really an essential. Nipple cream may be a better addition.

emsyj Mon 29-Aug-11 22:30:37

8 maternity pads wouldn't have lasted me 12 hours, let alone 48...

nannyl Mon 29-Aug-11 22:31:28

so you expect them to last 6 hours IMMEDIATELY after child birth shock

JennyPiccolo Mon 29-Aug-11 22:32:49

no little hat for baby!

BarbaraBMB Mon 29-Aug-11 22:34:59

nannyl Mon 29-Aug-11 22:37:39

Have reported you for advertising....

no idea who you did your market research on.... certainly no one i know could have managed with 8 pads in that time....

all the pack suggest 2 packs in the 1st 2 days hmm

lolajane2009 Mon 29-Aug-11 22:40:00

I'm just wondering how long the two sets of clothing will last too with some babies.

sleepevader Mon 29-Aug-11 22:40:45

I would take this thread as additional market research. Mumsnetters are pretty spot on and realistic.

We dont however like unpaid marketing.

Pressed report too

BikeRunSki Mon 29-Aug-11 22:41:09

I would hate a pre packed hospital bag.
How does anyone else know what I want or need? I am not a market research average!
Secondly, I want my DH to pack the bag, so he knows wherr everything is when I ask for it!

BarbaraBMB Mon 29-Aug-11 22:42:36

I am a mother too, and i know many Mummys. None of them have ever gone through 20 maternity pads in 2 days. I certainly never used that many.

I carried out my own extensive market research, and all my content reflects customer needs. It clearly doesnt suit everyone, however, i dont feel there is any need to attack someone for trying to earn a living.

But thank you for your feedback, positive or negative its all good. smile

sleepevader Mon 29-Aug-11 22:43:20

Very true Bikerunski. You were on a thread with me about babygros a while back. I linked a red and white star John Lewis blanket. Did you ever get it? Have you seen anything similar in babygros etc If so can you link me please?

nannyl Mon 29-Aug-11 22:45:10

nothing to do with trying to earn a living

if you run a buisness you need to pay mumsnet.... like all the other buisness's do.

I still have no idea how you have found so many people who find 8 pads enough, let alone an average implying many people required less!

mumatron Mon 29-Aug-11 22:45:35

ignoring the fact that you are trying to score some free advertising, the product is quite honestly crap.

oh, and 'tie bibs'? can you still even buy these? can't remember the last time i saw one of these in a shop.

ballstoit Mon 29-Aug-11 22:46:11

There's quite a difference between 8 & 20 though, isnt there? confused

emsyj Mon 29-Aug-11 22:47:37

Gosh, you must only know very fragrant lovely mummies who are smooth underneath like Barbie, then!

20 pads in 2 days sounds like a conservative estimate to me... I needed 2 at a time and changed them regularly.

Nobody is attacking you for trying to earn a living - just for trying to get free advertising when everyone else has to pay for it.

ballstoit Mon 29-Aug-11 22:47:52

How am I supposed to pick the product apart help with market research, when all the posts have been deleted grin

lolajane2009 Mon 29-Aug-11 22:50:34

would 8 even get you through two days on a period? Sorry if that is tmi.

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Mon 29-Aug-11 22:50:59

I never seen the op but seriously 8 pads??? I was using 2 at a time and on the first days changing no less than every hour/couple hours so 8 would have been bloody useless wouldn't they?
And I have never needed a bib for a newborn for any of the 3 of them.

BarbaraWoodlouse Mon 29-Aug-11 22:57:59

I haven't seen the OP either but happy to pile in and confirm that 8 pads is a ridculously small number for a hospital bag. Even assuming you were out in a day you'd be pushed to manage on that. shock

BarbaraBMB Mon 29-Aug-11 22:59:00

Ok thanks all.

Firstly i didnt realise i could advertise through Mumsnet.
Second of all, i will review the quantity of Maternity pads.
Thirdly, i used bibs with my son and thought other mums did too. But if you think they could be replaced by something else, then i will look at that too.

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now