Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sorry if this is tmi

(6 Posts)
Summerblaze Mon 29-Aug-11 13:17:36

I had a m/c in between my 2 dc and this time I have had 2 m/c's before getting pg with this one.

At 6 w I had some brown discharge, went to the epu and they said it was a viable pg but I hadn't seen the h/b as they said it was too early. They didn't ask me back for another scan.

I said to my dh that there would be no sex during my first tri but these last few days it has been more and more difficult. It is all I can think about despite my m/s and I am so turned on that I am getting cramps in my stomach.

Am I stupid to put this restriction on us or is this right and I should just get over it with a cold shower.

PamBeesly Mon 29-Aug-11 14:22:09

Summerblaze as far as I know sex wouldn't cause mc just a little cervical eroison, it can lead to a little bleeding but there is usually no relationship with that and bleeding and a mc occuring. I had bleeding and was advised not to have sex because my placenta was on the move and hitting off a blood vessel (I am 14 weeks) For what its worth I know how you feel about being really aroused...I used to orgasm in my sleep a few weeks into pregnancy smile

Oeisha Mon 29-Aug-11 18:54:37

No, you're not being stupid, just cautious.

I had a fair bit of early bleeding, fairly frequently, and made the choice not to have penatrative sex so we could rule out cervical erosion being a cause.

As we wanted the blood tests done for down's screening we were told to avoid sex as bleeding (non erosion) can influence the results and they may need to re-test in 2 weeks if I'd bled. They also wanted me to be 2 weeks clear from a bleed to do the test. As it was, I had the smallest bleed the Sunday before my tests (wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it) but it had no influence over the blood tests.

There are other things you can do to satisfy...grin
...unless like me, you also had nasty thrush for WEEKS making ANYTHING beyond the odd very satisfying dream a wholey unacceptable experience for us both.

My bleeds stopped at about 13/14wks (now 19+5), and was more than randy enough to start up again, even if I did still have the thrush, nausea, vommiting, extreem tiredness, nasty headaches etc. etc. At least I'm finally rid of the thrush! grin

Summerblaze Mon 29-Aug-11 21:37:52

Right, think I will hold off the penetrative sex, but what about other stuff. Can I orgasm or does the uterine contractions cause a problem.

This is my 3rd pg but this is the only time I have felt up for it during the first tri anyway.

Oeisha Tue 30-Aug-11 10:16:21

Your uterus does contract during orgasm, but this is very unlikely to cause addidtional bleeding. The only warning I've ever heard is about women at risk of pre-term labour, because of the oxytocin release (causing the contractions), but I really wouldn't worry. As long as you're not being very vigorous about it (though I can't say I've held back) and you're comfy, go for it. If at all worried then contact your MW and ask the question.
If you do get any bleeding after then it's worth mentioning it to your MW/visiting depending on the volume of blood, but this is likely to be erosion.
This page seems to chime with what I've been saying. But again,if you're still not sure, contact MW. Also, have a look at the thread on dreams...will give you some giggles on the topic!

Summerblaze Tue 30-Aug-11 22:06:45

I gave in last night and fingers crossed, I have no bleeding so far.

Thanks for all your comments. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now