Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this Braxton Hicks?

(5 Posts)
TheFantasticFixit Sun 28-Aug-11 21:44:43

I'm getting mild stabbing sensations running up my belly, and similar sensations inside my fanjo (TMI? Sorry!), couple with a feeling thats a bit like needing to go to the toilet because of diarrohea. My belly is rock hard, but I can't 'see' my tummy 'contracting' iyswim... I'm 26 + 6. Could this be BH or any ideas if not? It comes and goes as well - the 'stabby' feeling perhaps lasts about a minute or so before dissipating into the upset tum feeling.

Thanks!

TheFantasticFixit Sun 28-Aug-11 22:33:20

Hello anyone.. please?

Misty9 Sun 28-Aug-11 22:45:10

the rock hard belly and feeling of needing the toilet sounds like BH to me - but the stabby pain I'm not so sure... BH generally don't hurt - and if they do it's more discomfort than anything else and is later on in pregnancy.
Try timing the stabbing pain and call your midwife if they're regular if I were you. Hope you're ok smile

TheFantasticFixit Mon 29-Aug-11 13:17:40

Thanks Misty for your advice - stabby sort of pains went after about an hour or so last night thank goodness! Thanks for putting my mind at rest tho smile

candr Mon 29-Aug-11 19:18:31

Have had this myself on and off with a bit of cramping like period pain. Went on a tracer and they said it was parts of me stretching. The solid tummy can feel really uncomfertable especially when you have a head or butt sticking out the top but is normal. Hope you are feeling a bit better now but if worried as usual call MW

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now