Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

feel blocked up

(3 Posts)
yoshimigalloway Sun 28-Aug-11 08:25:50

hi, i'm 37 weeks 4 days pregnant. Last night i couldn't have a poo even though i needed to. I just thought right, i'll get some prunes and drink loads of water. When i was waking in the night for a wee i felt like i really needed to go but couldn't get it to come out. I mananged to go a bit by kind of moving around on the loo and going bit by bit. It doesn't feel like an infection, not painful just that i desperately need to go and the wee can't get out? Has anyone had this before? I feel like i'm blocked up, not too comfortable. Thank you.

jaggythistle Sun 28-Aug-11 08:43:12

maybe try Lactulose (ask at pharmacy counter) for the poo, I think it's all you can have while pg.

I got 'blocked up' a few days before My DS was born and the midwife commented on my bowel being full during an examination blush!

Not sure about the wee - maybe everything is just getting a bit compressed.

MsChanandlerBong Sun 28-Aug-11 08:47:33

Hi

I'm 37+3 and have the same sorts of feelings. I presumed it was due to the pressure (ie baby has her full weight on my bladder so it constantly feels full, even if there is nothing in there). With the poo side of things, my bowel is really sensitive - I have been having a bowl of bran cereal each morning which has kept me really regular (complete obsession with not getting piles!!) but I now have to alternate days with a different cereal as I was getting too regular (iyswim!!). This means I have one day where I go several times in a day, then another day where I do nothing but fart (tmi - sorry!!).

On the brightside... not long left to go now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now