Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

question re SIDS and crib canopy

(4 Posts)
Beesok Sun 28-Aug-11 01:33:28

Was wondering if anyone has experience/knowledge re safety of crib canopies? I have a lovely newborn crib and it has a rod for a canopy which I really like the idea of, I didn't like the manufacturer's one as it was polyester but my mum made me a lovely one out of batiste (not sure what the English term is - 100% cotton material very light but not too transparent) finished of with some cotton lace edging.
Am now thinking whether this will be safe to use during night time for a newborn? Will it affect air circulation?
thoughts anyone? smile

MrsRhettButler Sun 28-Aug-11 01:42:19

confused I've just put one up over the crib ready for the baby... I hadn't thought of any risk!
Il watch this and see what people say

Beesok Fri 02-Sep-11 20:09:24

Hi MrsRhett seems like I am just being paranoid,
little bump hoping that someone experienced will share some info smile

idlevice Sat 03-Sep-11 01:49:48

Crib canopies made of light material are used in some areas for mozzie protection. I bought one to use as a cat detterent & it didn't say anything about SIDS risk. Also you often get bassinette-type bouncers with sun protection canopies or prams with wet weather canopies etc that don't have any SIDs info & babies often sleep in these. Doesn't the SIDS info place have a contact number you could ring for a definitive check?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now