Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bathing in epsom salt

(7 Posts)
tashanfamily Sat 27-Aug-11 22:26:39

before i was pregnant i suffered with a tense muscle in lower back/bottom area which causes alot of pain, taking strong pain killers before but obviously not now and now being pregnant its getting worse. ive heard that epsom salts help with muscular problems when put in bath water. im now in my 2nd trimester.
im just wondering if any one out there has used them and any advice would be very grateful as im in so much pain.
thank you xx

PamBeesly Thu 15-Sep-11 21:34:57

Hi there, I'm bumping this because I'd also like to know if taking a bath in epsom salts is ok in pregnancy, am 17 weeks. Thanks in advance

isabelladeste Fri 16-Sep-11 12:14:52

My mum has a bag of Epsom Salts at home and it definitely says not to be used when pregnant. If that helps...!

PamBeesly Fri 16-Sep-11 12:24:23

Thanks isabella

Jeezimacasalinga Fri 16-Sep-11 13:02:38

Baths in Epsom Salts are fine, drinking them however is what is not advised in pregnancy!

PamBeesly Fri 16-Sep-11 13:08:47

Thanks Jeez I meant to bathe in them, I had a bath last night and all seemed fine. I rang my mother who said she always had an epsom salts bath

Jeezimacasalinga Fri 16-Sep-11 14:09:38

Go and enjoy a nice soak smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now