Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how long does a braxton hicks contraction last for?

(7 Posts)
MrsCLH Sat 27-Aug-11 21:39:01

I'm 36 weeks and my whole bump keep going hard and tight and staying that way for ages, up to an hour. Is it braxton hicks? Its not painful, just very uncomfortable!

Secondtimelucky Sat 27-Aug-11 21:59:57

Yup, that sounds like them. Worst episode was about three hours.

MrsCLH Sat 27-Aug-11 22:19:45

I'm glad its a normal length of time! Sometimes its so tight I feel like there isnt enough room to stand upright!! I'd got it in my head that they only lasted a couple of minutes xx

sleepevader Sun 28-Aug-11 18:16:36

Ive had about 6 tightenings over the past hour and half. Think they are BH but also not feeling great today as had back ache and think I have a bug.

Is your BH all over bump or just in lower bump?

MrsCLH Sun 28-Aug-11 22:07:49

Its the whole bump, it goes rock hard and feels extremely tight! I seem to get it worse and they last longer after about 6pm at night for some reason!

loverocky Mon 29-Aug-11 14:58:43

last night i turned over and got the biggest cramp like feeling went all over my back and belly i mean all over both of them and my sides it only was 2 minutes or so.. but never had this before even in first pregnancy, also sharp pain over the top of my tummy today and in the morning lower back pain. are these also result of braxton hicks?

MrsCLH Mon 29-Aug-11 20:00:47

Not had anything like that loverocky - how many weeks are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now