Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel totally detached from this pregnancy...

(7 Posts)
Kayano Sat 27-Aug-11 21:37:51

I just have no symptoms apart from tiredness and bigger boobs. I'm nearly 16 weeks and it still doesn't feel real.

I hope the little lad/ lass starts moving or
Kicking soon because although this is my first child I just feel so bored!
I even wish I had had at least a bit of sickness :S

We aren't shopping for anything til after 20 week scan so I'm not even excited for shopping yet. I keep lifting heavy things and then thinking 'oh yeah' and then putting them down!!!

ARGH start moving!!!

QueenCee Sun 28-Aug-11 07:03:26

I'm the same as you. I'm 15+3 and feel totally normal. All my sickness has gone and I'm always tired anyway as already have 10 month DD so the tiredness is just a constant anyway, pregnant or not.
Especially as I have a LO to chase after, I often forget I'm PG. I do have a bump but that's it. I'm thinking of having a private scan as I feel so normal.I can't remember what I felt like at this point with DD but I know what you mean about boring.... It's the inbetween sickness and baby kicking... I find bring PG a constant worry and need some kind of constant reminder that alls well so this stage is bad for me!

mistressploppy Sun 28-Aug-11 07:08:22

Yep, I can relate. With both of you!

I also feel guilty as with DS1 I was constantly thinking about it and remembered how many weeks I was, took bump pictures etc. This one is being neglected from a VERY early age blush

Tinkerisdead Sun 28-Aug-11 07:21:20

Oh can I join this? I'm 16 weeks, have felt flutters but still not relating to this pregnancy. It's like the sickness stops and you 'forget' about it. This is my dc2 and I've got real mixed emotions about this one. I know I'll love it, but it feels alien to love another child like I love my dd. Everyone tells me the love doubles not halves and I'm trusting in that. But, at the moment I feel like I can get enthused about this one.

With dd I had bump pics every week, private scan pics etc. This time one bump pic and an nhs pic. I've got a huge bump and my mum visited yesterday and started patting it, talking to it. I thought what's the fuss but she did it with dd too. I'm not even excited about shopping for it as we have everything!

I'm banking on a few days in hospital to take so time with newbie to have that one to one time!

mistressploppy Sun 28-Aug-11 07:27:28

I'm 16wks too, Doctor. It sounds like this is a specific '15-16wk malaise'

I've taken things into my own hands by digging out the pics of DS when he was a newborn and trying to imagine what it'll be like to do it again - it's helping a bit!

PeggyCarter Sun 28-Aug-11 10:05:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tinkerisdead Sun 28-Aug-11 15:49:50

I've got this feeling of 'so what' it's a bit like when you've had a baby then someone else is gushing about theirs. You feel a little bit like so what, been there done that. It's the same with this. So what pregnant yes yes yawn yawn. I just want it out so we can be a family rather than the waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now