Talk

Advanced search

Stress Head

(5 Posts)
rugbychick Sat 27-Aug-11 14:45:00

I'm newly pregnant, around 4-5 weeks. I can kind of deal with the all day nausea (!), mood swings (fortunately most of that goes straight over my boyfriends head) abdominal cramps as my midwife attached to my GP surgery explained this is all normal. I've had to tell some work colleagues as I work in the NHS and can't just leave a patient to run off to the loo, so they can takeover from me at short notice.

What I'm most concerned about, is I'm stressing about everything! We went for a scan on Thursday, which showed I was under 6 weeks (I'm unable to go by my last period as they are a bit irregular due to polycystic ovary syndrome). So we are due to go back for another scan a week on Monday to see if there is a heartbeat. I have no reason to expect that there won't be, like spotting or signs of miscarriage, but I'm still stressed there won't be anything there.

Help! I am happy about being pregnant, and this is my 1st pregnancy

GeneralDisarray Sat 27-Aug-11 15:07:46

Congratulations!! be happy! There is a tiny little thing of awesome-ness in your womb and you'll get to see it before too long!

freeangel Sat 27-Aug-11 16:04:29

Congratulations on your pregnancy, try not to worry or stress your self out over it.I know its not easy, i did the same for the first 8 weeks before my scan. My main concern was that i had made the whole thing up as i had done 4 tests and they said i was pregnant but the doctors dont confirm it these days. Was a big shock to see a baby on the screen. I know this is crap but we have to deal with whatever life throws at us and theres nothing you can do if anything does go wrong. I then stressed for my next scan incase there was anything wrong, then i stressed at 22 weeks as i couldnt really feel anything, im sure there will be something else next week to worry about! Im now 30 weeks, and he moves all the time. I have an anterior placenta which means sometimes the movements are muffled especially when he is head down. Which didnt stop me ringing the hospital the other week as i didnt know this! lol I guess what im trying to say is that i feel most women spend their whole time stressing in their pregnancies over anything and everything! It wont go away when your baby is born as you will spend your whole life worrying that they are ok! Sorry, long post!

rugbychick Sat 27-Aug-11 18:01:41

Don't worry about the long post freeangel. I appreciate all the comments so far, and relieved to know I am being quite normal. I am trying to relax about it as I want to enjoy the pregnancy. My boyfriend is being great I hasten to add

wheelshavefallenoffthebus Sun 28-Aug-11 09:49:34

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It us perfectly understandable to be worried as well as excited. The worrying doesn't stop when the baby arrives either wink. Hope all goes well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now