Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling a little low

(6 Posts)
Crunchynutcluster Sat 27-Aug-11 14:34:23

Hello I am 33 weeks pregnant. Just today I have been feeling a bit dizzy and heavy head-ed and dont no why??? I had breakfeast when i got up at 11 and just had my lunch now. Also not felt the baby move this morning yet and just feel a bit strange.
I was wondering whether anyone could give me any advice please?
Would really appreciate any comments
Ta smile

corkythecat Sat 27-Aug-11 15:00:14

Go have a really cold drink and a lie down, usually gets mine moving if its been a bit quiet.
If your still worried after that give your midwife or birthing unit a call for some advice.

scarlettlips Sat 27-Aug-11 16:03:05

Hi crunchy...hope you're feeling better this afternoon? Any movements?? If your concerned call the hospital or your MW. Best to get it checked out.

Light headed: Supper time to your breakfast this morning was quite long...you might just need to have a bit more to eat. If you wake early morning but don't fancy getting out of bed for a while have a banana or something to munch on just to keep you going. Your blood sugar might of dropped.

Take care and rest up x

Crunchynutcluster Sat 27-Aug-11 16:37:41

Thanks for your kind words of advice smile i had a lie down, which made the baby move, as ususally moves at night when im lying down. Baby did a really big shifting movement too which completely put my mind at ease.

I agree it was too long, i do wake early and feel hungary too but tend to leave it but i am not going to anymore. As its my first, i think its easy to worry, so the more i do to stop these things happening the better. I will get the bannanas at the ready

Thanks so much for your comments xxx

scarlettlips Sat 27-Aug-11 17:33:06

What a relief..phweee!

I always used to eat something before getting ready for the day....one to many dizzy moments in the showers will freak you out good and proper!

Enjoy your last few weeks...lots of rest.

xx

MsChanandlerBong Sat 27-Aug-11 19:06:19

Ditto the breakfast thing! Previously I was never a breakfast person, but now I HAVE to have something or I am a bit of a mess. Even if that means getting up to have a bowl of cereal and then going back to bed for my lie in (like I did this morning)!!!

At the moment (37 weeks) I find I have to eat something at least every couple of hours otherwise I get really dizzy and nauseous which I presume is blood sugar related too. And if I am having trouble sleeping, that has meant the odd midnight snack to see me through the night wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now