Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

tips 4 distracting from thoughts of labour

(7 Posts)
jimmijam Sat 27-Aug-11 11:56:13

Hello,
Im only 39weeks along but after thinking i was in labour 2 nights ago its all i can think about. I have a 5 and almost 4 yr old at home but my pattern of thought is still on the big day, as labour could still b 3 weeks away- someone please stop me driving myself crazy!!!!

PamBeesly Sat 27-Aug-11 14:04:53

Think of something that is off limits while you are pregnant and imagine youself enjoying it after the baby when the house is calm and its just you! Maybe a delicious stinky cheese board/cold glass of wine/double espresso...its coming to an end soon for you so its also a time for you to start feeling like 'just you' again

Disclaimer* I am in my first pregancy so could be speaking out of my bottom...Good luck Jimmijam anyway

jimmijam Sat 27-Aug-11 16:17:20

haha :-) thanks.
hasnt taken my mind off it at all and after trying pineapple, curries, sex etc etc with 1st and her being 8days over so doing nothing with ds and him being 1 day early i know it makes no/ very little difference BUT
have gone out and brought clary sage oil and raspberry leaf tea, at least i feel relaxed now!

PamBeesly Sat 27-Aug-11 17:36:15

Raspberry leaf tea is lovely, I've heard horrible stories about castor oil so don't try that one! Maybe google for reflexology and starting labour? There are different presure points you could try to stimulate. Good luck smile

jimmijam Sat 27-Aug-11 20:07:39

Am booked in 4 reflexology on wed, should b relaxing if nothing else :+)

neverlookback Sat 27-Aug-11 20:21:48

im 41 weeks today and going insane with thinking about labour, its driving me mad im so bored of myself!! i got some holiday brochures and looking through them makes me forget for about 10 mins!! x

jimmijam Sun 28-Aug-11 22:25:39

ah no :-( was going to say hope its all over 4 u soon, but it will be!!!! it really is a case of any day now :-) i have found the clary sage oil relaxing, also been putting lavender oil on my pillow at night. watching films (even just kiddy ones with dc's) has helped a bit. ooh, watched some michal macintyre last night, that cheered me up. its the little things.
good luck :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now