Talk

Advanced search

I would know if my waters had gone wouldn't I ?

(6 Posts)
Lollyheart Sat 27-Aug-11 10:19:04

woke up in the night with wet knickers, it doesnt smell of anything.

I've had nothing since confused

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow.

CBear6 Sat 27-Aug-11 10:54:02

One of the things to try is to put on a pad or panty liner and go lie down on your side for 30 minutes or so, then sit up. If you feel a little gush or the pad is wet then it could be your waters. From what I've been told it smells mildly of bleach (mine didn't break with DS until I was 10cm).

If you're in any doubt at all though ring the assessment unit for advice, they'll be able to let you know whether they need to see you because there's a risk of infection once they've gone so they'll probably want to check.

Lollyheart Sat 27-Aug-11 12:06:01

I don't think they have gone.

I think I'm just paranoid as im going on holiday on Monday and worried this baby will come early smile

morethemerrier Sat 27-Aug-11 22:56:24

Def agree with the pad, if you are leaking even slightly when walking around it may be that they have gone.

Mine went with my third and I wasn't sure but had woke feeling a twang like an elastic bang feeling in the early hours, but thought I had imagined it so went to the toilet and got back in bed. When i woke in the morning I noticed my bump had changed shape and dropped which then made me wonder if my waters had gone,but then nothing else happened.

It was only the next morning that I leaked some more that I then had to put on a pad and they leaked pretty much throughout the day, each time I walked or moved, I went through tons of pads. By this time the midwife had called around (planned HB) and confirmed they had gone, but babies head was preventing a tidal wave!

I had no contractions at all, and would say that if you think there may be a possibilty that I would get checked out,as I am sure you have been advised about risk of infection etc after 24-48 hours of waters breaking.

From what I can recall (sorry if TMI) mine looked a very pale straw like colour and had no real smell,maybe a little musty but def no odour. Whcih makes me wonder if they have gone,best to put your mind at ease.

And I had no control over the gushes coming out,HTH, good luck!

morethemerrier Sat 27-Aug-11 22:58:28

(whispers) and your technically classed as term now so anything goes! grin

del1 Sun 28-Aug-11 20:09:56

With DS1, I had a tiny bit occasionaly during the night, and didn't realise. Thought I just kept dribbling a bit of wee!
It sunk in, when I started to get mild contractions in the night.

With DD1, they broke everywhere when I started to push ( 10 minutes before she flew out)

I'm now 39 weeks with number 3, and you would think I'd know by now?

I had guts ache, and bad shits all night last night (sorry TMI)
I thought they were trickling again and didn't sleep a wink. I read this, and put a pad in today, buthasn't got wet.

So must have been a false alarm?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now