Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tested positive 3 weeks ago but just don't 'feel' pregnant any more

(21 Posts)
birdsofshoreandsea Fri 26-Aug-11 20:43:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FannyAnnPam Fri 26-Aug-11 21:24:46

I felt the same but had an appointment at the EPAU booked anyway and I was convinced they wouldn't find anything living in my uterus. All scanned well, yolk sac seen... don't worry probably the lull before the storm of symptoms!!

birdsofshoreandsea Fri 26-Aug-11 21:28:59

lolajane2009 Fri 26-Aug-11 21:29:33

That's normal. i stopped feeling preg after a while and retested. I am now 37 weeks.

Casmama Fri 26-Aug-11 21:29:55

I remember feeling the same when I was pregnant with my ds and would end up doing daft things like prodding my boobs till they eventually did feel sore or taking a pregnanacy test to make sure the hormones were still there. Often there is very little to let you know you are pregnant till you start getting bigger and feeling the baby move. Please try not to worry, chances are it will be absolutely fine and you should feel relieved that you aren't feeling sick as a dog.

birdsofshoreandsea Fri 26-Aug-11 21:41:19

Purplebuns Fri 26-Aug-11 21:54:17

Are you around 7 weeks then? if you are I would just say as posted previously that this is the calm before the storm and in a week you will be sick as a dog. At least this happened with me. I also found I had normalised a lot of symptoms, so if I am exhausted then it doesn't register as a pg symptom or if I have actually managed to eat something I would think I wasn't sick when really it might have been the only thing I could stomach. Possibly you are overlooking your mood being a reuslt of pg hormones?
I hope that all makes sense and a +ve test is a good sign. smile

themightyskim Fri 26-Aug-11 22:25:21

me too, not helpful but I can sympathise, I have no symptoms at all at the mo beyond sore boobs, I had severe pains the night before last and they queried an ectopic pregnancy so had an eps and there was an egg yolk(?) there but she dated me at 4 weeks 6 days which is a week less than I worked out so ive now convinced myself its not going to develop, fingers crossed for a nasty great bout of morning sickness etc for both of us!!!!

birdsofshoreandsea Sat 27-Aug-11 08:23:26

notlettingthefearshow Sat 27-Aug-11 08:33:11

A lot of people don't have any symptoms. I found out at 7 weeks and had none at that time apart from sore boobs. Also, symptoms can come and go. My morning sickness lasted from 9-12 weeks but not every day. Try not to read too much into it!

notlettingthefearshow Sat 27-Aug-11 08:34:29

Oh and I did not feel pregnant at all between weeks 12-20 (started putting on weight and showing at 21) and had to carry my scan with me to convince myself I wasn't imagining it!

Mysecretumbrella Sat 27-Aug-11 08:38:32

Just wanted to add that it could be worth ringing your Early Pregnancy Unit. I am having a very similar experience to you and when I called mine this week they were more than happy to see me for a scan even though I hadn't been experiencing bleeding. As it happens I am now feeling more nauseous and my breasts are more tender (totally empathise with the breast-prodding by the way!) so I'm going to give the early scan a miss. Good luck.

kalo12 Sat 27-Aug-11 08:42:10

i had no symptoms after the initial two weeks. everything just dissapeared. was convinced was mc as had had 3 previous mcs, it wasn't it was fine. didn't have any symptoms till 10 weeks and then all i had was one day of headache and sickness.

Only prob was stretch marks so don't let the lack of symptoms tempt you to not bother with the bio oil. Think positive - good luck

lollystix Sat 27-Aug-11 08:48:24

Hey - I'm pregs with ds4. Obviously didn't feel pregs as didn't found out till 15 weeks!! Don't worry - all of mine have felt a bit different.

mumt1 Sat 27-Aug-11 09:13:43

I'm worrying I'm 5 nearly 6 weeks pregnant, was in a.n.e other day as was refferred by my gp as I'm having bad pains, suspected ectopic, I have my bloods took and then sent home, meant to be going bk to have bloods again tomorrow, but I was up all night last night with excruciating pains, in my back and belly. They've eased off a bit now but still there, I've had a baby before and it honestly felt like contractions. I haven't had any bleeding but I'm just so scared. Early pregnancy unit said to go straight there if things worsen but I don't want to look silly. Please help!

kat2504 Sat 27-Aug-11 10:24:22

Don't worry about looking silly. It's better to look a bit silly when everything is fine than to ignore something and it turn out to be a serious problem. If you have the slightest suspicion of ectopic pregnancy then go back to the hospital. Are they going to scan you soon to find out if it is in the right place?

mumt1 Sat 27-Aug-11 11:01:00

Yes they wanted to scan me yesterday but I cudnt get there. So she said she will take my bloods again sunday and take it from there coz she probably wudnt see anything yet

birdsofshoreandsea Sat 27-Aug-11 19:55:44

marthamay Sat 27-Aug-11 20:41:56

I don't want to alarm you at all because I think it means absolutely NOTHING to compare one pregnancy with another and fingers crossed you have nothing to worry about. In my last pregnancy I lost all my symptoms at about 8 weeks. I just didn't feel pregnant anymore but tried to put it out of my mind. Everyone kept telling me that it was normal but I honestly didn't feel right. I had never previously miscarried so I wasn't particularly anxious or paranoid (like I am now!) however it was not a complete shock to me when I went for my 12 wk scan and it was a missed miscarriage. I had lost the pregnancy at seven weeks, so just before my symptoms subsided.
If I was in your situation now I would go straight to the EPU/midwife/gp and see if they can help put your mind at ease. I'm sure they will and I'm sure you will discover that everything is ok - but if you can know sooner rather than later it should ease your anxiety.
I really hope that you don't mind me posting a negative experience on here - I'm not sure I should but then I posted nearly the exact same post as you a few months ago and actually I think I would have appreciated a few words of warning - it may have encouraged me to speak to a midwife about it.

Good luck with it, I'm sure it will be good news for you.

birdsofshoreandsea Sat 27-Aug-11 22:38:07

MeconiumHappens Sun 28-Aug-11 19:41:40

How about going fo a private scan if you can afford it? There is usually a heart beat after 7 weeks. If you google you could fin someone local, usually costs about £90. Might be worth it for piece of mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now