Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks pregnant and spotting advice needed

(13 Posts)
Ju1es22 Fri 26-Aug-11 16:21:57

Hi I'm new to this site!

Wondering if someone can give me some advise?

I'm currently just over 6 weeks pregnant with my 5th pregnancy ( from December 2009 - December 2010 3 mc and 1 mmc) and have been ttc since June 2009.

I've been spotting (dark brown/light pink) on and off with cramping since last week, I went in to EPU last Thursday and had a scan which showed nothing, probably too early! They took my bloods on Thursday and Saturday and they went up by 85% apparently they were looking for atleast 60% increase to be an on-going pregnancy!

I had nothing just achey last weekend. But had pain and small amount of red spotting when I wiped sorry if tmi! I've been signed off work to rest this week and it seemed to have stopped until today which I again had a small amount of red spotting when I wiped and cramping more like period cramps.

Got another scan next week but I'm stessing out big time! Anbody experienced similar and had a healthy on-going pregnancy?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 26-Aug-11 20:16:13

Not experienced this Jules but didn't want your post to go unanswered.

The fact that your levels went up over the two days is encouraging. Hope your scan goes well smile

Minstrelsaremarvellous Sat 27-Aug-11 09:19:47

I had spotting at exactly 6 weeks on a Friday night when the whole of the NHS seems to go home. It's my 2nd pregnancy and I had nothing with my first so I was really worried - however I had a scan at 9wks and I'm now 17+4. Nobody could explain it and it was definitely worrying so it's good that you're taking it easy.....

kiki22 Sat 27-Aug-11 12:19:55

I had spotting at 5 weeks 5 days and as i had a MC 4 yrs ago freaked the fuck out!! BUT am now 18+3 and everythings fine smile

I had lots of cramping and twinges early on that were really scary in my experiance with the pervious MC it's totally different to spotting it's like a heavy period and very red i kinda knew as well don't ask how but first time had this feeling like i know it's to much and it's not there but this time still felt pg and somehow felt like my babys still there... dunno if this will help

good luck x

lolajane2009 Sat 27-Aug-11 13:59:48

I had spotting at 7, 9 and 14 weeks and I am now 37 weeks. I think mine ws caused my over exerting myself. My mother also had spotting in all three of her pregnancies and never had huge issues. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

pregnantmimi Mon 29-Aug-11 10:14:26

I gave up exercise and worked part time and my husband abroad so not having sex but I still had bleeding 5 weeks and 11 and 15 lasted each time for 5 days (like a period with cramps and everything) each time had a scan the bleeding would carry on and the midwife would helpfully tell me "well the scans not going to stop the bleeding". It is scary and its strange cause I had very heavy bleeding and cramps and the baby is fine Im 23 weeks now and not had bleeding other than a bit of brown blood but I know some people have miscarrages who have no pain or blood then some who dont like me who do. So the best thing is to just have the scans and try not to worry to much hard I know.xx

Ju1es22 Tue 30-Aug-11 11:17:06

Hello

Thanks for all your reassurance.

Well had my scan yesterday and only showed a black blob no sack or pole they said maybe its pseudo sack?! Should've seen more at 6 + 5! My Womb is nice and thick. Had my bloods taken again and results came back this morning!

My levels 20/8 were 456 my results from yesterday show my levels have dipped slightly to 415!

Got more bloods tomorrow to see if they've dipped even more or stayed around the same! Told it's probably a missed miscarriage but may be more likely an eptopic! I woke up in the night so hot I felt like I was gonna passout then I went really cold donno what this is!!

Only mild cramps and brown watery spotting at the minute but I'm obviously really upset this is my 5th attempt of pregnancy in over 2 years.

Keep me in your prayers and i'll hopefully have some happy news some time in the next few months

xx

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 30-Aug-11 12:24:50

Oh Jules really feel for you. Hope you are getting some good support in RL.

pregnantmimi Tue 30-Aug-11 19:16:16

Big hugxx

mumnosbest Tue 30-Aug-11 20:27:26

So sorry for you. Fingers crossed for the future

EmmaCate Wed 31-Aug-11 11:49:49

Best wishes Jules - I had spotting in early days and went to EPU I think around 8 weeks? They did an internal scan and thank goodness saw an embryo with heartbeat, placenta and amniotic sac.

I was told the reason was an intrauterine subchorionic haemorrhage, which is basically a small tear in the uterus wall; it works it way out. It shows as a dark patch in the wall of the uterus. Next scan showed it had healed completely and touch wood, the pregnancy is continuing normally.

Really hope things work out for you smile

Ju1es22 Thu 01-Sep-11 13:14:06

Thanks ladies for your lovely messages!

Well my bloods have come back and my hcg levels have gone down again which was the better two out of the outcomes.

Currently in bed cuddling my hot water bottle, started mc! I'll be fine in a few days just disapointed it's all over yet again sad

Think i'm gonna have to have a break from all this I can't keep doing this to myself!

Maybe 2012 will be a better year, good luck with all your pregnancies and ttc

mumnosbest Thu 01-Sep-11 20:44:58

Sorry Jules22. Hope you feel better soon and good luck for 2012

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now