Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks and absolutely shattered...

(17 Posts)
MsChanandlerBong Fri 26-Aug-11 15:38:21

I was expecting my nesting instinct to have kicked in by now so I might have some of my 2nd trimester energy back, but nope, nothing!!

In fact, I feel a bit like you do when you are coming down with something. Is that normal? Or do you think I might actually be getting a cold?

gluttom Fri 26-Aug-11 17:25:46

feeling dreadful at 35 weeks

Ivortheengine8 Fri 26-Aug-11 17:40:21

Feeling exhausted at 33 weeks!
I get days when I am sort of okish and other days I could sleep ALL day!
No nesting instinct yet here either, although I keep waiting for it, its there in my mind but not in my body!

Ivortheengine8 Fri 26-Aug-11 17:42:40

Trust your body though mrs and if you need rest, do rest. I made the mistake of not getting enough rest in the days before last time.

KateBC Fri 26-Aug-11 17:51:32

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, and spent the last few days feeling really lethargic and like I was coming down with something, was in bed the same time as DS for three nights in a row, but today the netting has kicked in and have cleaned out and rearranged kitchen cupboards, organised DSs toys and sorted out about 6 years worth of built up paperwork, from about 6 massive files down to one - very cathartic!

So hopefully your besting urge will kick in soon, I was worried mine never would and that the baby would be born into chaos...

Still haven't managed to pack hospital bag, seem to have a mental block about that!

KateBC Fri 26-Aug-11 17:52:09

Nesting, not netting

PrincessScrumpy Fri 26-Aug-11 18:44:24

dh tells me I have him "compulsory nesting on my behalf" as I'm too shattered to do it but want the cleaning done etc!

I'm 36w today with twins - babies dues by cs next Friday and that seems an age away. I packed my bag last night - the consultant told me to have it done by 32w as twins have a high chance of being prem, but I just couldn't be bothered. I wrote a list so dh could do it if needed!

With dd1 I was banned from housework by consultant so we got a temporary cleaner. Therefore, when nesting kicked in I pruned the garden and really went for it - I left dh a pile to pick up as I couldn't bend enough. I think cleaning would have been less energetic!

pinxminx Fri 26-Aug-11 18:51:17

snap! I'm 37 weeks too and can hardly move today... roll on nesting, so many little jobs that still need doing...

MissTriangle Fri 26-Aug-11 22:29:24

I am 38 weeks now. Have been unwell for the past few days- nothing drastic but a minging cold, which has left me drained. But even before that had no energy at all. Where is this mystery nesting instinct? Wish it would kick in soon!

lolajane2009 Fri 26-Aug-11 22:31:10

i'm 37 weeks today and feel so lazy as I really only just about have enough energy to do a supermarket shop. Getting hubby to do my nesting.

GeneralDisarray Sat 27-Aug-11 12:54:54

37+6..nestings come and gone now i just want to pull the duvet over my head until baby comes....

MrsRhettButler Sat 27-Aug-11 13:16:49

39 weeks here and I'm wanting to nest but i have to keep resting! I keep getting up to do random things like cleaning the skirting boards and then collapsing on the sofa or bed (I'm on the bed now after doing some washing) as I just can't do what I want to do! Its so frustrating.
I am knackered though, nestings a bit pointless when you've got no energy, I'm gonna call dd upstairs in a minute and get her to slave away help grin

candr Sat 27-Aug-11 18:35:45

Am 36 weeks and done some nesting but am really tired now and not sleeping well. DH decided that this weekend would be good to re lanscape garden and concrete a drive. I can't do much to help but am exhausted from what little I have done. Really want jobs done like hoovering behind sofas which I can't do by myself but have to get outdoor bits done first and house now full of mud (driving me mad but to tired to do anything about it and cleaner comes Wed thank goodness)

MsChanandlerBong Sat 27-Aug-11 18:47:28

Well I have spent most of today either asleep or on the sofa. Thank god for DH who is doing an amazing job of working his way though the list we put together of last minute jobs that need doing before the baby arrives. If the situation was reversed I would be feeling royally pissed off at having to do all the work unaided!!!

I am using my energy reserves to issue forth lots of gushy praise and thanks for fear of him leaving me for an energy filled, domestic goddess with a waistline and feet that aren't swollen up like an elephants grin

del1 Sat 27-Aug-11 19:55:08

I'm 39 weeks, with my third, and absolutly shattered!!
Nesting has kicked in - about 2 weeks ago - but can't do bugger all about it!
I have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 1 yr old to look after every day since i finished work. so that is an obsticle in its self.
It gets to 7.30 after kids are put to sleep bed and I can only manage to wash dishes, tidy everything away, brush and mop floors - and i have to sit down!
I'm getting frustrated as there is loads i wanna do!

Have felt extra tired, as have some how managed to catch man flu - yes man flu.

It must be, as I have the same moaning symptoms that my DH had last week wink

And on top of that, my hips/bits/back, and anything else you can think of bloody ache like mad!!

OOH, feel better after a good old moan

Well, the chocolate, feet up and a film instinct has taken over from the nesting type grin

MummyGemx Sat 27-Aug-11 22:10:56

I am also 39 weeks pregnant with my third and I dont think I have ever experienced the nesting instinct! I am feeling pretty exhausted and fed up and I am so happy my husband is off work at the minute as is happily doing alot of the stuff I normally do! I would normally feel guilty but I have decided not to and make the most of it. Not exactly sure what I will do when he is back at work especially when I have to do school run with a newborn bady and toddler. Oh well I will have to just get on with it!

Take it easy ladies and hope you regain some energy really soon.

I have realised that sometimes a good moan is just what the doctor ordered! Oh and liking the chocolate and film idea too! x

jammyscone Sat 27-Aug-11 23:06:18

Del, if I could "only manage to wash dishes, tidy everything away, brush and mop floors" I'd think I was doing well! I'm 36 +4 and am doing bits and bobs but having to sit/lie down pretty frequently.

I'm usually rubbish at cleaning and tidying anyway so actually having the motivation to do it but being physically hindered is very frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now